• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

start/stop count speccy says is bad

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sorabishop

Registered
should i be worried that the value is 310,224 & the thresh hold is 20 but it is at 1? this is what my OS is on. Seagate ST9160823AS
overclockre.PNG

id try some other software the reallocation event count seems a bit off itself

i like hddguardian, i think some other people use crystal disk info

Thanks I'll try it out. If start stop count is still high is it recommend to put os on different drive?

yeah, idk something still seems up that's a ton of start stop counts doesnt seem right, maybe bad power or sata cable, idk.

hddguardian still says the same thing.
the cable i have it pluged into has only 1 other drive on it and its working fine. and i replaced the sata cable.
wonder how much time i got with this drive.
must be an old hard drive.

hddguardian still says the same thing.
the cable i have it pluged into has only 1 other drive on it and its working fine. and i replaced the sata cable.
wonder how much time i got with this drive.
must be an old hard drive.

No one can say. It's Russian roulette.

I've seen high reallocation numbers on a few Seagate drives over the years. Of course, I've had every Seagate drive I've owned fail. All of them. I have a box od WD IDE HDDs that still work fine, but more recent SATA Seagate HDDs in that box are all junk. Not trying trying to flame Seagate, just my experience. Others have the opposite happen so YMMV.

I cloned the os drive to another drive. To find out this drive has a current the same
As the worst in reallocated. Also it's a 5400rpm I don't remember what kind it was it's western digital. Oh man is it slow at loading things. But it'll have to do when my main drive goes. Until I can buy a new one.

Back