• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Recommendation on a server motherboard (Brand/ Model)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sbr2012

Registered
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of looking for a good server motherboard. I'm not so worried about the money as much as getting a good product. My main goal of this server is to store files, videos, tv shows, pictures, IP camera recordings..etc. I'm not sure what RAID I'd like to do whether it's a 0,1,5,10 so if any one has any good inputs that would be great. I was given as a gift a Norco 4020 20bay chassis and I'd like to make it a solid server.

I have read a lot of reviews on numerous websites of different motherboards and the problems they have but I always come to this forum to get real results and better reviews. I understand that not motherboards are perfect.

Thanks.

Look at Supermicro and pick a dual LGA 2011 V3 motherboard that suits your needs. Personally, I bought my used dual Intel LGA 2011 setup from Natex since I can't justify the cost of new vs. used.

I been looking at the supermicro board but I wasn't sure if the case had to be the same as the board. The one supermicro I have I have the same companies case so it worked together. The pins for the power/reset button, front LED's had a different setup. If that's possible to use a supermicro board on my case I'll look into those boards more

Supermicro standard 12" x 13" E-ATX motherboards will work fine in that case.

Okay. I'll take a look into those boards and see. Like I said the one I have now I love it so I'll look into those and see. I just thought the board and case were proprietary.

I use techradar forreviews, but try to buy used things. Much cheaper, if you're sure about the quality

Back