• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Question]Which tower to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys I am debating between these two towers, NZXT Source 530 Full Tower and the Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower. Which you guys think is better?

I am looking for a lot of drives slots and good air cooling. Aside from that all I can say I own the Phanteks Enthoo Pro before and loved it but that Source 530 looks like it can be a great case too.

I have only built one rig in a NZXT case. Didn't care for it, myself. The Phanteks vs. the NZXT you list gives the nod to the Phateks (for me) Grommets for wire management are a big plus for me, and the NZXT case I used had grommets. They just wouldn't stay put. I had more room for wire management behind the mobo tray in the Phanteks, too. The PSU cover is just icing on the cake. I'm sure the NZXT is a fine case, and I don't mean to disparage them, but I'm a big Phanteks fan after building in one.

I have only built one rig in a NZXT case. Didn't care for it, myself. The Phanteks vs. the NZXT you list gives the nod to the Phateks (for me) Grommets for wire management are a big plus for me, and the NZXT case I used had grommets. They just wouldn't stay put. I had more room for wire management behind the mobo tray in the Phanteks, too. The PSU cover is just icing on the cake. I'm sure the NZXT is a fine case, and I don't mean to disparage them, but I'm a big Phanteks fan after building in one.
Oh I see. I did had fun building on the Phanteks Enthoo Pro/M. I know the Pro provides room for drives right away same while I need to buy those sleeves for the pro m.

I been debating also to get the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M and buying the drive tray to put on them as I upgrade and slap drives into them. I think I get more drives on that case two on the basement and 6 drives on the trays. Direct air flow from 3 fans on the front two 3 fans on the top.

I decided on the Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, now to decide on Acrylic or Tempered glass version.

Last edited:
I'm building a small built nothing too fancy like I had before. I'm still trying to decide between the Pro m or the pro case

what's it for ?

why all the drive space ?

Oh yea, well I was going to run a specialized NAS and project system to retired my server but then I realized I want to keep the server running 24/7 having NAS available more often than having the custom PC made. So now I am just building a simple gaming pc and workstation to do music production on it. so a lot of the drives are not needed anymore. I am just looking for a good tower that can provide enough of features including really good air flow. Which I was leaning toward the Phanteks Eclipse p400 but turns out the TRUE Spirit 140 Power cpu cooler is a bit to tall for that case. I am going to put a AMD 860k to OC and see how it runs with a MSI A88XM Gaming motherboard so need the air cooling for Overclocking.

Cool,

Well I am sure ether will serve you well , I am liking the tempered glass, but have to think it is a pain to move around

Cool,

Well I am sure ether will serve you well , I am liking the tempered glass, but have to think it is a pain to move around

I heard is much heavier than the Acrylic for sure and if for some bad reasons it breaks. Well is not as easy as you hitting HomeDepot and buying one and cutting it to fit the case again. XD So I am taking that into account, also I won't mind the Phantek Eclipse p400 case if only it will fit a big cooler to go with it. XD The Corsair Carbide Clear 400C looks nice too but not as cheap as the other one. Question is the Corsair Obsidian Series 750D Airflow Edition, Full Tower a good case? Sound like I need to get the front cover for even more air flow.

Last edited:
Okay which case is bewhich case is better Phanteks Enthoo Pro M or Eclipse P400 or Corsair C600? Are the one I like so far.

The Corsiar is not even in the conversation given the 3 choices

go with the Phantek you like the best, either is a good choice

TBH, just say no to glass even know it is so way awesome

What is the huge factor aside form LED and more room for top rad on the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe versus the pro? did they make the filter better to keep the stuff clean inside?

Update never-mind I am going with the Luxe I think.

Last edited:
IT I have the Luxe and love it.

Nice yea I was going to go with the Luxe turn out I changed my mind and went with the Pro for max air flow. Since I am not going to water cool and just going to be air depended I wanted every inch of air to go into the case without having anything in the way. I saw a test with the case drives out and it match the Corsair Air 540 and some cases beat it. So I ended up changing my order for the Pro instead even though I like the idea of LED lights and such on the case. =/ It look to me the Luxe was more gear toward water cooling. So I hope I didn't made a mistake. hahaha

No, They're both top notch cases with very similar features. You'll love it.

I see cool, I was going to go for the Corsair Air 540 or the 600C but I plan to keep the tower on the floor so I needed to be tall and not a cube or mid side tower. For the money the Pro seems to give a lot of that without worring about water or aio etc.. I did pick up a Noctua NH-D15 to cool the CPU so I hope it will not get in the way of the Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz Ram sticks I got for cheap. They are not the low profile one.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the front fan can be moved to the rear of the cooler for additional ram clearance, but don't quote me on that.

Back