• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Large air bubble in my loop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zinsco

Hi every one, do I have a bad water block?

I have the EK-Supremacy EVO block on my cpu and an air bubble starts to form inside it. The tube coming out of it forms a large bubble and keeps growing to even 2 or 3 inches, probably more if I let it. When I tilt the case I can make the air bubbles run to the res and go away but they just return in time. This is a new build but it's been days and still happens.

I went over kill on my loop because I had all the parts from my old build. I used my XSPC Dual Bay res and pumps in series, so I've got to pumps in this loop with a 480 rad on top and 2 - 120 rads connected together on bottom.

res pump 2 outlet to 480 rad
480 rad to cpu inlet
cpu outlet to res pump 1 inlet
res pump 1 outlet to 120 rads
120 rads to gpu
gpu to res pump 2 inlet

Haven't over clocked yet but with cpu running at 100% using a chess program my cpu temps are around 50c

Last edited:
Sounds like a large air pocket in the 480 rad to me. The air bubble should travel to res 1 once you work it through the CPU block. You might need to add water to res 1 when the air pocket hits it. It can be a real pita to work all the air pockets back to the reservoirs.

No worries. It's just trapped air in the loop trying to make its way. It can take hours, days, weeks and even months to get all the air out from the loop. Just keep an eye on the reservoirs and fill them up when needed too.

Back