• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Undervolt 6600k at 4ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gagdet

Hello,
i am running an 6600K at 4000Mhz Turbo at 1.15V curretly.
I was just testing OC and UV for about 2 hours so I dont have the best possible and most precisly information for you.

Right now the temps are at <60°C Max peak 61 at 4Ghz at 1.15Volts

I am running a mITX case (Watercooling 240)and want some advice about general performence gains and Teps diffenrece with 4Ghz against 3.5Ghz.

Does anyone of you have any result of a standard clocked undevolted 6600k. Espacially Temps?
How low could I get with the voltage with 4Ghz or are these results already good?
Wich temps or OK fpr everyday use an Gaming. Want to go low noise.

Thx for advice in adance.

Gadget

Last edited:
Personally I'd see that I don't exceed 75-80 °C under load, but this really depends on you. 60 °C is really far from worrying about temps though.

How low could I get with the voltage with 4Ghz or are these results already good?
Until it's unstable, then bump it a notch ;)

Ok so i max the Temp at 70. Thx for that Info.
But I still have the feeling that 60 Deg at 1.15V is too hot with a 240 Aio Watercooling.

Want to reach stable sub 60 so i need to take some time for fine tuning.

Btw wich woltage mode is better adaptiv or offset for undervolting+OC?

Why are you so fixated on 60c? That processor will be safe at anything under 90c. If you have an AMD background then that might be a surprise to you.

Why are you so fixated on 60c? That processor will be safe at anything under 90c. If you have an AMD background then that might be a surprise to you.
this.

Also,it's really not great to compare against other setups. Even if it's the same cpu and cooler, there are DOZENS of variables making comparisons anecdotal at best.

As far as which voltage method is better.. it's all the same in the end. If you need 1.1v at 4GHz on manual, you'll need 1.1v on adaptive too. The difference is when idle..;)

Hello,
i am running an 6600K at 4000Mhz Turbo at 1.15V curretly.
I was just testing OC and UV for about 2 hours so I dont have the best possible and most precisly information for you.

Right now the temps are at <60°C Max peak 61 at 4Ghz at 1.15Volts

I am running a mITX case (Watercooling 240)and want some advice about general performence gains and Teps diffenrece with 4Ghz against 3.5Ghz.

Does anyone of you have any result of a standard clocked undevolted 6600k. Espacially Temps?

Thx for advice in adance.

Gadget

If noise level is critical to your experience then I can see why you are so concerned with maintaining low temps on low voltages. Your 60c may be a valid goal in that scenario. But don't forget you have some control over that with fan speed profiles. You may be able to get by with low noise and slow fan speed if you will relax your grip on the 60c goal. If your AIO is set up to do so and has software for controlling the fan speed then you can look at those variables. If your AIO fans are controlled by the motherboard PWM then look at that section in bios. A lot of motherboards have fan speed profiles that prevent the fans from ramping up until you hit 80c on the CPU cores.

Have you tried lower voltage ? My 6600K and 6700K could run at 4.2GHz ~1.15V so it would be about 1.10V at 4GHz. Lower VCCSA/IO may lower temps a bit but in general it will be hard to make it any lower.

Okay i think i got it.
I was not a 1.15 V as i typed in UEFI but at 1.25+ due to Adaptiv mode settings.

I run some tests with manual voltages at 1.05V and was stable. After messing around with the Adaptiv and Offset mode i found out that adaptiv mode is Off by at least 0.1V, mostly 0.150 - 0.200V.

Sa after about 3h of fiddling around and stress testing im am now at sub 50°C at 3 out of 4 cores (Core 3 is just a Btch wanting to be special #Divacore) and 1.072 Volts Adaptiv, stable. Unbenannt.PNG

Those are my settings. I hope i havent overlooked anything unlike last time -.-

@trents

I know i could go up on OC and just slow down the fans and stay at 65-75C but i think i have a little OCD and thats to basic. Event the 1.072 i anoying me. want a solid 1.05V. Just for the eye :D

@Woomack

What is VCCSA/IO have not seen this in ASUS UEFI. Or maybe i did... but i had no idea what it does and so i went by.

----

Edit:

Test above at low rpm.
I did a test this night (5h) at 85-90% Radiator fan speed and temp was 5c lower. so about 40-42 on cre 1,2,4 and 52 on core 3.

Thx for help guys,
you are Awesome!

Last edited:
Back