• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Monster top cover problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demien88

HI guys I need little help once again. This case isn't popular at all so I wasn't able to google this problem.
I want to install 2 additional fans on the top BUT there is no clear indication how to open it up, yes there are
brackets for them. Tried to push those thingies in case from picture not a budge plus they are made of sharp plastic.
One is similar to Intel's pin from cooler but much stronger with metal thing inside, while another one is simple plastic
by looks of it its easy to remove with the panel once another one is released.
Altogether there are 6 pairs of those some are hard to get since case itself is in the way to some of them, those that
are closer to the front panel. I need any advice should I push? Pull? Screw off? Any advice is welcome IMG_20170213_195429.jpg IMG_20170213_220007.jpg

Those are very common in some of the cheaper cases. I have a Xion that uses them for the front panel. Make sure there are no screws attaching the panel then it should pull off. There may be an area designed for to grab and pull (probably the rear). Yes they can be very difficult to remove. Sometimes I use a pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze the prongs together to aid.

Good luck. Hopefully you don't snap any off. They do get easier to remove after you do it multiple times.

I just noticed today that front panel have same pins and removes way easier.... The area where I can grab is front after I remove front panel seems kinda sharp plus there are wires of power buttons and some USB ports. I tried few moments ago to pull but no luck I had feeling it would snap in half whole mask. The first pair of pins come off second one by half the last have not moved at all... So you suggest to use pliers while pulling mask off?

I'm just stating that's something that I have done. You could try it just be gentle at first. It is designed to be removed.

**** I got pissed of and pulled like maniac and guess what it came off without any damage... You must love Chinese products

And by the way good tip but the problem was in case itself. Some of them are so narrow that you cant use anything inside or pins are behind something that is part of case. Anyway thank you. Have Fun

Back