• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P8H67-M LE memory issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

So I just got this board today, and upon booting it up nothing comes onto the screen. I tried booting off the iGPU of the 2500 I have in it and still nothing. The DRAM LED flashes four or five times. I tried with one stick and switching slots, the one stick resulted in one flash which from what I've read means the memory check succeeded, but I still don't have any video... I'm not sure what the problem is? Kinda hesitant to try reseating the CPU because I always end up bending pins in these Intel sockets no matter how careful I am.

I would still pull the CPU and check the socket for bent pins. It is the very kind of thing that can create the problem you describe.

I would still pull the CPU and check the socket for bent pins. It is the very kind of thing that can create the problem you describe.
Thing is I got this board from Angel and he showed me a video of him booting the computer just fine. How likely is it that the pins would get bent in shipment? CPU had the heatsink on it when it arrived... If the board doesn't natively support DDR3 1866 it would just downclock instead of refusing to boot right?

I deleted my post about 1866 RAM 'cause I was looking at your Sig with the AMD stuff and forgot your post was about Intel 2500. The 2500 Intel should handle the 1800 mhz with no problem. I would try clearing the CMOS.

And I still would check for bent pins. I don't know who Angel is but for some reason he could have removed the CPU after the video for some reason and accidentally bent pins without even knowing it. After all, he would have had to remove the heatsink before shipping it to you. And if it was me I would remove the CPU so as to do a good job of cleaning the old TIM off before boxing things up. Stuff happens. Hey dude, it's really not that hard to check. Just be half way careful.

Last edited:
Just tried again with one stick booted up no problem.... Going to try with two sticks in.

Computer now boots up normal. Not sure what the problem was... Will have to keep an eye on it I guess.

You must have not been holding your mouth right before, as the old saying goes.

Well I think the slot furthest from the socket might not be working. Putting a module in that slot results in the iGPU going nuts and putting some sort of rainbow image on my monitor. Slot closest to the socket (there's only two) does not give this issue. I'm beginning to think there are bent pins, seen many used boards that have bent pins be described as one or two memory slots not working.

Back