• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Building a new Gaming Pc.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

keysta75

Registered
Hello guys. I'm in process of building my new gaming pc. And I need some advice. These are some of the parts I picked out over at pcpartpicker. What do you guys think? I'm still torn between getting an i7 7700k or should I just stick with the i5 7600k. As for the Gpu should I stick with the gtx 1070 or go with the gtx 1080? Also for monitors I'm a little uncertain which route I should take 1080p 144hz or a monitor at 1440p? Any suggestions on a good monitor would be appreciated too. Thanks an advance.

Go with the 1080 for sure. Especially if you are thinking about the higher pixel count monitor.

If money is not an issue, definitely go with the 7700k. Will game about the same but will perform better in other high end tasks that can utilize more than four processing cores/threads. And in the near future, that may include games.

and, if you can afford it, I'd go with a 500 gig ssd instead of a 250.

If you go 1440p, you will definitely find benefit in getting a 1080, as trents pointed out. If you can wait a little bit longer to get the pc, the 1080ti should be out within the next few months, which is supposedly a pretty big step up in performance.

Also, the new Vega series in AMD is just around the corner. Unsure on exact timetable, but H1 2017 seems pretty consistant among the news articles I've been reading.

Feedback from the pros on this info is appreciated! I don't want to steer him wrong with misinformation.

Thanks guys for your advice. Still got some time before I pull the trigger on anything.

Back