• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[SOLVED] Top CPU cooler before going Custom Water Loop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ITAngel

Hey guys I am curious what is the top air/aio cooler for this year for extreme overclocked before going into custom cooling? Thanks.

I was reading somewhere it was the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Triple Riing RGB 360 AIO?

Last edited:
The Thermaltake Water 3.0 is probably as good as any AIO. There is another option and that is one of the kits by EKWB that has all the parts you need but you assemble and fill: https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100008008 50145823 There are two with three fan radiators that would be some better than the Big Water 3.0 but probably not a lot for the price differential. Overwhelmingly, the most important factor in water cooling as far as cooling power is surface area of the radiator. Next would be the strength of the fans.

The Thermaltake Water 3.0 is probably as good as any AIO. There is another option and that is one of the kits by EKWB that has all the parts you need but you assemble and fill: https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&IsNodeId=1&N=100008008 50145823 There are two with three fan radiators that would be some better than the Big Water 3.0 but probably not a lot for the price differential. Overwhelmingly, the most important factor in water cooling as far as cooling power is surface area of the radiator. Next would be the strength of the fans.

Okay great I have a friend jumping into that area and he already made a custom case, and the top is like an arcade 4 or 5 controller system running some hyperspin. I will recommend this to him to cool down his FX chip thanks again!

Hey guys I am curious what is the top air/aio cooler for this year for extreme overclocked before going into custom cooling? Thanks.

I was reading somewhere it was the Thermaltake Water 3.0 Triple Riing RGB 360 AIO?

Did you sell all your stuff ?

Okay great I have a friend jumping into that area and he already made a custom case, and the top is like an arcade 4 or 5 controller system running some hyperspin. I will recommend this to him to cool down his FX chip thanks again!

Which FX CPU is he trying to cool. Some of those high end FX CPUs run so hot when overclocked that only a custom loop with a large radiator or multiple radiators can do justice.

Did you sell all your stuff ?

Sadly I sold my entire system to another friend of mine. But this is to my buddy who I grew up with he was asking about it and I wanted to guide him in a much simple easy way since I no longer have my parts.

I myself am looking into [Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power vs Cryorig R1 Ultimate CR-R1A, Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power, and Noctua NH-D15 6 heatpipe with Dual NF-A15 140mm fans (except I hate the fan colors)]. lol

I did try offering him my kit back then but he was not interested and recently asked me about AIO. I have no idea what AIO is best which is why i asked.

Last edited:
Just replaced my sons cooler with a H115 280 from Corsair,

Not a bad cooler, but the fans are less than stellar

I cancel the case I got the wrong color hahaha. going to re order it back for next week. I did get the power supply and Noctua-NH-D15. I know is a very good cooler powerful too.

Last edited:
Just replaced my sons cooler with a H115 280 from Corsair,

Not a bad cooler, but the fans are less than stellar

Those are 140mm fan too huh? I would say replace them with 120mm GT fans but not sure if they make those in 140mm.

I would have opted for the cryorig R1, I prefer their look over the DH-15. BUT at the end of the day, your components are in good hands either way :) I own the H5A Universal. Has a slim 140mm fan. It performs well enough. :)

I would have opted for the cryorig R1, I prefer their look over the DH-15. BUT at the end of the day, your components are in good hands either way :) I own the H5A Universal. Has a slim 140mm fan. It performs well enough. :)

Yes I wanted that but this will be on a regular Enthoo Pro case so no windows to display it. I just wanted the performance, support that nactua provides. At some point this case will be turn into a server and then I will pick up that cooler with a mid size case with tempered glass. :)

This is an interesting video I came across check it out.

Let me know what you think.

Back