• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance compression fittings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
Am I the only one that finds Koolance compression fittings bulky?
these are for 3/8x1/2 soft tube, they are REALLY, REALLY nice pieces but compared to the xspc parts, REALLY bulky.
On my raystorm block they clear each other by about 1/4 inch where the xspc fittings in my other rigs clear by a mile.

they do feel nice and heavy in the hand.
this build is getting all chrome.

They are a nice fitting ..... with the added bonus you can use a wrench to tighten them a bit instead of busting up your fingers on the knurled fittings. I like the look of these fitting in black ...... not a chrome lover. I guess I got tiered of polishing the chrome on my bike ...... or something like that.

what are you guys doing for system drains in systems that can't be removed as a complete unit?
I have my rad mounted so the ports are at the bottom.
I've got two "T"s and have the compression fittings pointed up for the system tubes and barbs pointed straight out, i was going to put two drain hoses that i can just flop out the side to drain the system and just flop them under the motherboard tray when not draining it.
it is not going to look good like that.
I have time because I'm waiting for some unimportant pieces like, psu, cable kit, operating system to arrive.

and i kind of have to have some chrome.
the case is red, a color i don't see so it's lots and lots of grey, I will use blue tube and a blue led exhaust fan and the chrome will be sparkly so i will get it enjoy it some.

I use a T connection and pass the tube out through the back wall of the case with a special fitting ...... Im off to bed now but will get you a pick in the am.

Edit .....

You can see my drain line to the back of the case .........

Drain.jpg

Drain2.jpg

Where I pass the drain line through . Just pop off the cap and add an extension tube and you can drain into a bowl.

Drain3.jpg

Last edited:
Something else you can do if you have extra ports on your rad is run your drain of one of them.

this is going to be one of those builds that the cooling system will not be able to be removed as a unit, I have the room so I am throwing in everything I have laying around, EG, I am using a dual bay res/pump combo but, also throwing in a 250ML watertank res.
I will look at a through hull like bassnut uses.

Speaking of bulky fittings I got a set of swiftech ones I added to my build today and they are massive. They basically touch on my reservoir they are so wide.

Back