• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asrock a55 pro 3 onboard sound not working.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sorabishop

Registered
i have tried uninstalling the sound driver and installing it yet i cant get it to work.
its (Realtec ALC892 Audio Codec).
ive been to the realtec website to get the drivers.
i know how to go into the sound options and set for default device but i cant get it to work.
ive been using my tv for monitor and sound through gpu.

Last edited:
Either the I/O jack is bad or the audio chip is bad.

Have you looked in Device Manager to make sure that item doesn't have a flag?

i guess the chip went bad, i used it a long time ago when it had xp on it though. it stoped working when i put windows 7 on.
there is no flag it just says realtek high definition audio no symbol.

It could still be a driver issue. In my experience it is wisest to install the NIC driver first so you have internet access and then the audio driver next before any other device drivers are added to avoid IRQ driver conflicts. Are you running Windows 10 on it now?

It could still be a driver issue. In my experience it is wisest to install the NIC driver first so you have internet access and then the audio driver next before any other device drivers are added to avoid IRQ driver conflicts. Are you running Windows 10 on it now?

No I'm still on windows 7. When ever I upgrade to windows 10 I'll go ahead and do that.

Windows 10 will not let you do that as it will have all the drivers natively built in. It will install them automatically. But see how it goes.

Have you tried all outputs you can? Front panel, 7mm...?

IRQ conflicts?? I haven't heard of that problem in over a decade...!

Have you tried all outputs you can? Front panel, 7mm...?

IRQ conflicts?? I haven't heard of that problem in over a decade...!

i do not have that plugged in to my motherboard since i haven't got the sound to work.
but i have found settings in my tv that alowe me you use headphones with out it playing through both the tv and the headphones at same time.
but when ever i get an a better monitor ill probably just go with that usb head phone jack for $3. if windows 10 don't fix it.

- - - Updated - - -

Windows 10 will not let you do that as it will have all the drivers natively built in. It will install them automatically. But see how it goes.

would i have to reinstall my games when i update to windows 10? even if they are on a separate drive. that's a lot of waiting. is gaming better on win 10?
also would dx12 work with a evge 660? also if i wanted to use dx12 would i have to lower graphics a lot in order to play or just a little. or dont know that awnser.

Not sure what you mean by not hooked up (TRY it)... but ok.

As far as dx12...the 660 supports it. Just because you have w10 though, doesn't mean you will use dx12 all the time. The game has to support it as well. Regarding fps drops, it can improve or do nothing for an nvidia card, so you won't have to worry. Last, if you upgrade and not a fresh install of 10 you would keep your game installs. That said, in your situation, you would want a fresh install anyway to see if it helps your sound issue.

Back