• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

startup error when tweaking the CAS Latency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

o770

i have a 3-3-3 pc133 RAM but it will post set to 2-2-2-5, after that w2k pro wont get starting and will give me a blue screen of failure with some addresses i have no idea what they r about. i think sometimes it says something like not being able to load some registry stuff. is that normal and is there a way to get using the tweaked settings?
thanks.

oTTO said:
i have a 3-3-3 pc133 RAM but it will post set to 2-2-2-5, after that w2k pro wont get starting and will give me a blue screen of failure with some addresses i have no idea what they r about. i think sometimes it says something like not being able to load some registry stuff. is that normal and is there a way to get using the tweaked settings?
thanks.

Looks like the memory is getting corrupted. I doubt that you will be able to get win2k to bott with those memory settings, you could try increasing the DIMM voltage if the BIOS lets you?

Back