• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Race to page one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
soulcatcher, I was happy also, now I have had to fire one up under my own ID because these little buggers are threatening to knock be down from the 80's on the team........
just who is this riff-raff causing us all this mayhem????

WTH...... cmatties is now pushing out 800,000+ PPD. View attachment 188242

Just leave me alone.....

....and CLINT, who has been doing about 50,000 to 70,000 PPD starts pumping out 600,000 PPD

Paranoia is setting in....:shock:

hmm, Thought I would quietly slip by and get the page one Gold. But now I'm also feeling the pressure with Soulcatcher still holding on to first, cmatties in third and officially a "threat", and CLINT climbing fast. I might not even make the podium. Turning into quite the race.

....and CLINT, who has been doing about 50,000 to 70,000 PPD starts pumping out 600,000 PPD
Went from a GTX 750 Ti to a an EVGA GTX 1070 SC. Put the Ti in my server so once it all settles down I imagine I'll be around 640k PPD. You're so far ahead of me, I probably won't catch up till next year :D

These GPU's folding are a whole other level above the CPU folding from when I started. Really amazing the computational power we have now.

well you dont have much to worry about today. i had one go down twice today. so i'll most likely only hit 500,000 or 600,000 tonight.

Race to page two !!!

I hope you guys don't knock me back that far, but I've had to shut down 600k ppd because it so freakin hot here in Atlanta. It's gonna be 78F here tomorrow! Forecast says it's going to be closer to normal in a few days (highs around 60F), so hopefully I can start my machines back up Sunday.

Good luck with your race! And don't pass me too soon! lol

hmm, Thought I would quietly slip by and get the page one Gold. But now I'm also feeling the pressure with Soulcatcher still holding on to first, cmatties in third and officially a "threat", and CLINT climbing fast. I might not even make the podium. Turning into quite the race.

No secretly slipping by in the night. I'm fighting hard. The cooling and overclock on my 980ti seems to be reaping me nice rewards in terms of PPD.

Went from a GTX 750 Ti to a an EVGA GTX 1070 SC. Put the Ti in my server so once it all settles down I imagine I'll be around 640k PPD. You're so far ahead of me, I probably won't catch up till next year :D

These GPU's folding are a whole other level above the CPU folding from when I started. Really amazing the computational power we have now.

Hardware is amazing now. When I ran SLI 680's and this CPU I would get 50,000 PPD. Now I don't even fold on the CPU. It's not worth it.
Very nice upgrade BTW.

well you dont have much to worry about today. i had one go down twice today. so i'll most likely only hit 500,000 or 600,000 tonight.

Ug..... hardware problems are the worst. Hope you get up and folding at full strength soon....... well.... not too soon.:D

I hope you guys don't knock me back that far, but I've had to shut down 600k ppd because it so freakin hot here in Atlanta. It's gonna be 78F here tomorrow! Forecast says it's going to be closer to normal in a few days (highs around 60F), so hopefully I can start my machines back up Sunday.

Good luck with your race! And don't pass me too soon! lol

Ha, finally a perk to living in the frozen north. :clap:

Last edited:
JLK03F150 you passed me a bit ago.
with these four coming on I'll need to lay down about another 10 million to maintain my position...... just look at the mess they are causing..... and they are upsetting my other cards afield.........

folding stats.PNG

My general rule of thumb is.... 'Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you'.

I've got my RX480 back up & running, so you might have trouble catching me Caddi. :) I'm turning the GTX970 back on in the morning, but highs are heading back to the 70's again next week. Arrgh! :mad:

all I'm trying to do is maintain, with these rascals it might be a little tough to do.

to beat the heat, idle the 970's and get a 1060.

The 1060 is competitive with the 970 but about 30 watts less, correct? And both of them are about equal with the RX480 as far as gaming power, right?

I think my biggest heat problem in the office is the AMD 8320. Seems like a lot more heat coming off the radiator vs coming from the video card.

I'm not really looking to replace anything, but I'm thinking about rearranging software & making the AMD system the camera software box & the Intel system the gaming box. I just hope temperatures let me keep folding both machines through March or June. :)

My AMD 8120 was awful back when I lived in SC -- switching to skylake & an aio water cooling system certainly dropped temps in my office there. Time will tell how long I can keep folding here before it gets too warm, but we've already had temps up to 77*.

The 1060 is competitive with the 970 but about 30 watts less, correct? And both of them are about equal with the RX480 as far as gaming power, right?

I think my biggest heat problem in the office is the AMD 8320. Seems like a lot more heat coming off the radiator vs coming from the video card.

I'm not really looking to replace anything, but I'm thinking about rearranging software & making the AMD system the camera software box & the Intel system the gaming box. I just hope temperatures let me keep folding both machines through March or June. :)

the 1060 folds with the 980 for about 125 watts folding at 2100, they make around 400,000 ppd, 970's tend to 300,000 ppd.

well i found out what was causing mu shutdowns. my 390X just took a ****. now i'm only running a 1060 right now and might run my 7870 that i just droped in. looks like all will run away from me now. atleast untill i can get a new card

well i found out what was causing mu shutdowns. my 390X just took a ****. now i'm only running a 1060 right now and might run my 7870 that i just droped in. looks like all will run away from me now. atleast untill i can get a new card

That is crappy news. Can you RMA the 390?

the_cultie asked how the watercooled and overclocked 980ti compared to stock.

I set my personal best yesterday of 706,960 points. My previous best (pre-overclock and cooling) was 550,000. Not too shabby I would say.

12 spots and 4,600,997 points to page one.

Last edited:
Back