• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Race to page one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That is crappy news. Can you RMA the 390?

the_cultie asked how the watercooled and overclocked 980ti compared to stock.

I set my personal best yesterday of 706,960 points. My previous best (pre-overclock and cooling) was 550,000. Not too shabby I would say.

12 spots and 4,600,997 points to page one.

Who is on pace to make it to page 1 first? That's my question.

Hmmm looks like someone else just threw their hat into the ring......... can you find him before he finds you?

new contender.JPG

Page 2 is a frickin mine field right now....

well i'll be up and kicking again. getting a RX480 tomorrow and picking up another 1060 on monday. then im rma'ing my 390X so once i get that back look out.

also i'll have my new loop items. once i get them in i'll be up and running for a while. hopefully.

the_cultie asked how the watercooled and overclocked 980ti compared to stock.

I set my personal best yesterday of 706,960 points. My previous best (pre-overclock and cooling) was 550,000. Not too shabby I would say.

12 spots and 4,600,997 points to page one.
That is quite an impressive jump, excellent work. Fold on! :salute:

Here's an interesting picture. Flexy is sitting at spot 99. Soulcatcher - looks like your waterblock trick worked, page one Gold is in your sights. cmatties has silver by just 3 hours atm. For Silver I'll need to keep my machine on more consistently (and cmattties needs to not add anymore GPUs, please). Thanks guys for making this interesting :D

Attachments

• slot99.png
    slot99.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 56
oh i will be. the one problem will be is if i have enough power to run both 480 and 1060 in the same computer. but until monday i'll only have the 480.

Yeah wow... This is really a great race. You guys "rock the casbah". (The clash.)

Its really tight. Any slip up by any playa' and the outcome will change after its too late to recover. The sprint is on boys!

Yeah wow... This is really a great race. You guys "rock the casbah". (The clash.)

Its really tight. Any slip up by any playa' and the outcome will change after its too late to recover. The sprint is on boys!

But.... Shareef don't like it :D

I'm afraid my lack of folding from one system last night may be bad.

im back :muahaha:

Got the new card in and its already telling me my estimated PPD is 350K on the 480. not to bad. but i'm going to miss my 390x.

So... my 19yr old, who lives with me, just got a new GTX1080 for his gaming rig which I also learned already has a 980. He's agreed to share his unused clock-cycles with me {I of course still get to pay the whole electric bill}.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is considered cheating in our little page 1 race. (you guys can call me on it if you want :chair:). but nevertheless, a significant PPD spike should occur. :comp:

I knew I shouldnt have bought that car, i need that money to buy another GPU to keep you guys off my back :D

So... my 19yr old, who lives with me, just got a new GTX1080 for his gaming rig which I also learned already has a 980. He's agreed to share his unused clock-cycles with me {I of course still get to pay the whole electric bill}.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this is considered cheating in our little page 1 race. (you guys can call me on it if you want :chair:). but nevertheless, a significant PPD spike should occur. :comp:
All's fair in love and folding :)

damn i'll be down to one card here in a few day since i have to give up the 1060 now to my brother inlaw. (he paid for his computer final) but then again im picking up another 1060 then hopefully i can get this other rig working. so i take down my main rig to get the hard tubing in and the other rad.

Pfft.... if I could pull in the entire GOOGLE server farm system, I would. Fold on what ever you can.

I knew I shouldnt have bought that car, i need that money to buy another GPU to keep you guys off my back :D

Bah.... who needs a car when you could be folding on multiple 1080ti's. :)

When I started folding, the old timers had a slogan that I have been bringing back. Build, Borg, Recruit. Your son's computer counts as a Borg and is not only "legal" but encouraged. Fold on! :comp:

Note: When borging, always have the permission of the hardware owner.

Back