First time DIY water loop and having some issue -- PLEASE HELP ME!

Hi Everyone,
    I've recently installed a water loop but I'm running into issues and I'm scratching my head trying to diagnose the problem. Figure I'll turn to more experienced heads.

Firstly - Here are the components
    All the parts are from Thermaltake

• R480 radiator
    • Pacific W2 water block
    • PETG hard tubes
    • Pacific PR22 pump+reservoir

So here's the run down. I pulled the closed loop system I had on the computer and began installing the open loop. Once it was all set and down, I put some coolant in the fill port and then fired the pump on. I continued to add coolant until the reservoir was about 80% full after shutting it off and on several times.

Now the issue, I have a huge air pocket at the pipe leading from the radiator back to the pump (the final leg). I've tilted and twisted the computer all which ways trying to get the air out. It's gotten better but still there. Here is the biggest issue I have, I've stressed tested the computer and all the cores get above 50c and the computer starts stuttering. Clearly something isn't right here, the water cooling isn't cooling. Could it be the air bumble? I don't see any other in the lines.

Here's what I've done thus far to try to fix it. I've removed the waterblock and wiped away all the thermal paste and reapplied a pea size spot (i went overboard on the initial install). OH one last thing, I left the system running for 18 hours and there have been zero leaks.

PLEASE HELP ME!Name:  IMG_7656.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  93.7 KBName:  IMG_7657.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  103.7 KBName:  IMG_7658.JPG
Views: 83
Size:  86.2 KB

Dublin/Ireland - Libreville/Gabon - Venice/Italy ...
    Benching Profile
    50c for an Intel chip is a low temp. TJMax is around 100c...

Temp are perfectly normal if you run any i5/i7 from SandyBridge to KabyLake@stock.

Overclocked in the 4.8GHz+ zone, cores go up to 80/90c under water, with vcore in the 1.35v+.

Die is bad idea though... better use colred tubing as it will clog your loop, sooner or later.

Edit: it is also perfectly normal that the computer "stutters" when running stress test, as there is not much resource left (if any) for other applications.
    Main:
    5820k@4.8GHz/1.32v - Cache 4.3GHz/1.25v - Asrock X99 Extreme6 3.1 - 4x4GB Trident Z 3333/Cl14
    Dual-X 7970@1200/1650
    Swiftech H240X + 280mm + 140mm Rads - Raijintek Universal GPU Block
    Crucial BX100 250GB / Sandisk 250GB
    Be Quiet Power Zone 750W
    Phantek Enthoo Luxe

Laptop:
    Asus (Minging!) R500DV 3630QM/8GB/250GB SSD

Senior Housing
    Señor Senior Member
    10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Yes, colored dies/fluids is not recommended as the fluids will break down and will start to get "jellied" and clog everything up. Best fluid is distilled water + a biocide and clolored tubing is the way to go.

Only way to remove air pockets/bubbles is to keep tilting the case and powering the pump on and off. No other way to remove trapped air.

Nice build btw!

<MEGA-O>
    ASRock Z97 Extreme 6 /i7 4790K De-Lid @ 4.7GHz
    GSKILL Ripjaws X F3-2400C11D-16GXM 16GB (2x8GB)
    H2O = XSPC RayStorm / Coolgate Quad CG480 Ultimate / Lowara D5 / XSPC Dual Bay Res V1
    Liteon SCS-256L9S SSD 256GB / Toshiba Red 2TB / WD VelociRaptor 300GB
    Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Extreme @ 2100 / 4500
    Seasonic Prime Titanium SSR-650TD 650w
    Phanteks Enthoo Primo / Win10 Pro x64
    ** Under TITLE II, SECTION 210.340 it is legal to overclock **

Thank you!

Senior Pink Member
    Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    One thing I find that helps is of you have the Pump hooked to the mobo and it is being speed controlled. Lock it in manual at 100% for awhile to help push the air through.

Hmm I haven't thought of that. I'll try to figure out how to adjust the speed control that way. Thank you!

Air pocket or not. I just want to say I really like your setup. Looks very slick.

I am tempted to try to go a little more showey with my loop, but until I get a glass side for this storm trooper case it is pretty pointless.

Anyways Just wanted to commend you in a great looking loop!!

Water Cooling Senior Member
    #TEAMH20HNO
    First Responders
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochekey View Post
    One thing I find that helps is of you have the Pump hooked to the mobo and it is being speed controlled. Lock it in manual at 100% for awhile to help push the air through.
    This.

Once the pump(s) are primed and you're set, close up the reservoir and ramp up the pump to max speed. It surely will help get rid most of the bubbles. It can take days, weeks and if not months for all the bubbles to head out of the loop completely but you should be ok regardless.
    ll Intel Core i7- 5930K @ 4.4 GHz ll EVGA X99 Classified ll Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (2400MHz) ll EVGA GTX 780 Classified 3GB Hydro Copper (x2 in SLI) ll Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT ll Aquacomputer Farbwerk RGBll Samsung XP941 512GB PCI-E 2.0 x4 M.2 SSD ll WD VelociRaptor 10k RPM 300GB - x2 ll WD Black 1.5TB - x2 ll Toshiba 3TB ll Corsair 900D ll Corsair AX1200i ll Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Keyboard ll Corsair Vengeance M65 RGB Mouse ll Sennheisser PC363D Headset ll Bose Companion 5 ll ASUS 24" - x3 - Nvidia Surround ll
    ll Custom Swiftech XL ll Black Ice SR-1 240mm+360mm+480mm ll Helix120 (PWM) ll Swiftech Maelstrom-35X2 ll Aquacomputer High Flow Sensor ll Phobya Temp Sensor Coupler ll Bitspower Compression Fittings 1/2 ID x 3/4 OD ll PrimoChill Advanced LRT 1/2 ID 3/4 OD (Bloodshed Red) ll
    Archive Build Logs - Nostalgia 2.0 (800D) - Nostalgia 2.2 (900D) - Newest - Nostalgia 3.0 (900D)
    Tom Petterson from Nvidia and Ryan Shrout from PC Perspective take my question. Video can be seen here @ - Post#127 -