• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New MoBo install

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

O&G

Registered
Revamping an old system and got my hands on a brand new X79 Rampage BE. My question is the board is a bit wider than a normal X79 board, or even my other X79 Gigabyte UP4. The board's right edge is resting on the rubber grommets used for cabling. This is due to a slight angle the Phantetek case takes. I've verified with a feeler gauge (cardboard) and by visual inspection that no connectors are touching any part of the case, but as I said the edge of the mobo is resting on these rubber groments.

See attached pictures. What is yalls opinion? I don't feel there will be an issue, but I wanted to reach out and get some better opinions. I definitely don't want to risk screwing this rare gem up.

Thanks!

20170216_142926.jpeg 20170216_142715.jpeg 20170216_142855.jpeg 20170216_142755.jpeg 20170216_035520.jpeg

Yep the backside of my Intel dual LGA 2011 board has been resting nicely on large rubber cable pass through grommets just like the ones in your photos since November. No problems at all.

Yep the backside of my Intel dual LGA 2011 board has been resting nicely on large rubber cable pass through grommets just like the ones in your photos since November. No problems at all.
Exactly what I wanted to hear. Once again, thank you fellas!

Just make sure with those pre installed standoffs that all of them line up with a motherboard mounting hole and there aren't any strays making contact with the underside of the board.

Just make sure with those pre installed standoffs that all of them line up with a motherboard mounting hole and there aren't any strays making contact with the underside of the board.
So far so good! Waiting on a few more parts but she is up and running. Setting up OS, programs, software etc... This mobo and bios are tremendously better than the gigabyte UP4 I took the i7-4930k from. 20170218_222749.jpeg 20170218_223411.jpeg

Back