• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Printer To Buy For Wireless Printing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreatUSA

Hi all, I just want to know which printer brand has the best support for wireless printing from mobile devices?

I want to be able to print from my Android, iPhone and Windows Mobile devices.

Should I choose HP, Canon or something else?

Thank you for any help!

I think most manufacturers have cloud printing ability built into at least their newer mutifunction devices (printer/scanner/copier and maybe fax also). The key phrase is "cloud printing." Look for that in their advertising. I have a Canon MX922 that I've had for a couple of years now and really love it. I had to upgrade the firmware to make it cloud compatible but it's an older model. Other than that I would just say look for something that is recent and at a good price that does what you want it to do. You will get as many opinions on what printer to buy as you would asking a question like, "What's your favorite ice cream?"

I have loved my officejet 8600. Thing has been tanking on for years. Pretty ink efficient as well. Supports their cloud integration which I use for a whopping one feature: scan to email. I can technically email documents to my printer and it prints them, but I never do. I do use Android printing all the time on it as well.

Sorry I didn't mean "cloud printing."

I just want the ability to print while I'm at home from an Android/iPhone/Windows Mobile device.

Sorry I didn't mean "cloud printing."

I just want the ability to print while I'm at home from an Android/iPhone/Windows Mobile device.

I think that is cloud printing. Android devices will not have resident printer drivers but will need to connect to the cloud for that function where servers have drivers for the printer. Other mobile devices like laptops and netbooks will have their own drivers and connect wirelessly "wifi" to the printer via the router.

Love my hp envy 5540.

I install an app on my phone and connect to the printer wirelessly on my network... No cloud use here. You'd generally use the cloud when you aren't on your own network.

Thanks!

I want to make sure I choose a printer brand that has really amazing software.

Is there a company that has the best software?

Is there a way I can check which printer brand has the software that'll work on my Android/iPhone/Windows Mobile device?

What kind of software do you refer to. Usually, there is just some dippy little photo editor and organizer. Sometimes OCR software comes with it if it has as scanner.

you would be hard pressed to find printers with excellent front end UI's. Printer manufacturers don't do it because they don't have to; You need a working printer, and they provided it. Why spend more money for a printer model that is going to be "Out of date" next year on a fancy, polished ui? Then people won't buy the new model because last years model has a better ui. and still prints all the same. /shrug

Its a matter of money, sadly.

Is there a way I can check which printer brand has the software that'll work on my Android/iPhone/Windows Mobile device?
Sure... read specifications of printers you are interested in. ;)

If it's wireless, chances are it has an app (obviously some HP models do... mentioned one above that does) to print from your phone. Look it up. :)

Back