• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hello Guys i really need some help with my old Intel 530 cpu msi motherboard

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

x58Venezuelan

Hello, i'm writing from Venezuela i know my English is not that good, but hope this wonderful forum can help me to achieve my goals, because to be honest as Venezuelan you guys don't imagine how bad the things are in my country right now the hyper-inflation etc,etc ... i barely can eat and i can't afford to buy a new pc :/ (this Government is the real hell...) so hope you guys can read the whole thread and help me, :(

First off: I wanted to start by specifying what hardware specs do i have before finding a solution to my problem, plus bios settings, ram timings, cpu etc.

PC SPECS:
-MotherBoard: H55M-e33(MS 7636)
-SSD: OCZ VERTEX 3 - (128 gb)
-Power Supply model: Thermaltake 775w ToughpowerXT
-Two sata hard-drive for storage - (150gb each one)
-Memory Model: Corsair Dominator, cmd4gx3m2a1600c8, Dual-Channel 4gb
-Processor Intel Core i3 530
-Nvidia Geforce 9600 gt 512 mb - last drivers
-OS Window 10 N LTSB 64 bits
- have 3 stock fan-speed in left case cover, in the top of cpu, and front-panel bottom

CPU-Z CHARACTERISTICS:
CPU:
core speed: 3.5 ghz multiplier: 22 , bus-speed: 160, QPI: 3510
cache L1 Data: 2x32 Kbytes 8-way
cache L1 Inst: 2x32 Kbytes 4-way
level2: 2x256 Kbytes 8-way
level3: 4mbytes -16way

Memory:
Dram frequency: 798 mhz
Fsb:dram: 4:20
Cas#latency: 8.0 clocks
Ras# to cas delay (tRcd) 8 clocks
Ras# to precharge(tRp) 8 clocks
Cycle Time (tras) 24 clocks
Row Refresh Cycle Time (trfc) 118 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 1

GPU Clocks:
core 740mhz
shader 1850 mhz
memory 1000 mhz
size 512 mb
type GDDR3
bus: 256

MSI-h55m-e33 bios settings

Cpu Feature:

Intel Eist: Disabled "this has 3 choices Disable,Enable,Auto"
Intel C-State: Disabled
C1E support: Disabled
OverSpeed Protection: Disable
Hyper-Threading Funtion: Enable
Execute Bit Support: Enable
Set Limit CPUID MaxVal to 3: Disable
Intel Virtualization Tech: Disable
Intel VT-d Tech Disable
Auto-Overlock Technology disable<-- default
Adjust Cpu base frequency 160 (default is 133, but i activate XMP memory and ups to 160)
Green Power: Cpu-Phase-control disable. It has also auto didn't know what to put i set disable
Mother Led Control: i set off (default is on)

Memory Z:
Dram Timing Mode: (auto by default)
Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P) I enabled (default is disable)
Extreme Memory Profile Mode = I set advance i guess default is disable
Memory ratio (Auto or 1-5) I set (5) (if i put 5 it gave me 1600 MZH dram frequency) because auto gives 1280
Qpi Ratio (auto) if i remember it goes from 11 to 22 (i set auto, and it gave me 7040)

Clock Gen Tuner (cpu amplitude control is 800mV), Pcie Amplitude Control (800mv) default both "both options range from 700mv to 1000mv)
Adjust-PCI-E frequency Mhz 100 default
Auto Disable PCI Frequency (Enable) <-- by default is enable
Spread Spectrum: Disable/Enable (dunno what to put here) i dont have power conditioner..

Power Management:
ACPI function (enable)
ACPI Standby state (s1) default (it has 2 choice s1 and s3) (don't know what to set)
EuP 2013 disable/enable set to disable (don't know what to set)
s4/s5 powerOn wait (sec) (1-2) default default
Restore On Ac Power Loss (off) default-not

Wake Up Event Setup:
Wake up event by (bios-os) by default bios, not in guide (don't know which is better)
Resume From s3 by USB device (Enable) I set to enable but the default is (disable)
Resume s3/s5 By ps/2 keyboard (disable) default not in guide
Resume by PCI or PCIE-E Device (enable) default not in guide
Resume By RTC Alarm (disable) default <-- not in guide

Integrated Peripherals:
USB controller Enabled
USB device legacy support (enabled) i had to enable otherwise i cant use keyboard or mouse
OnBoard Lan Controller (Enable) default
Lan Option Rom <-- disable by default
Extra Raid/ide Controller I disable because i dont use Ide-drive just Sata
HD Audio Controller (enable) i dont have external sound-car or gaming headphones.

On-Chip ata settings:
Pci Ide busmaster (i disable) it was on enable by default
On-Chip Sata Controller : Enable
Raid-mode AHCI (i have 2 hardrives for storage and one SSD so i pick AHCI)

Advance Bios Feature:
Pci latency timer default is 64, but it has 4 choices "32,64,96,128" (don't know which is better)
HPET (disable) it comes on by default, but most people say its better to disable, so i dont know
MP Tablet Version 1.1 or 1.4 (don't know which is better)
IOAPIC Function: (enable) by default can also be disable so don't know which is better
Boot Up Num Lock ED (enable) by default, but i set disable, dunno whats that.

So that was all my pc specs + bios settings, the thing is, I really want to get the best feeling in my PC, i really like to play games without stuttering, and I really want to have a very responsiveness system
Which has 0% input lag, or stutter, because i really like to play games like counter strike 1.6 on steam, i feel that my pc has VISUAL LAG... I can feel it... sometimes system goes responsiveness for act of magic, i mean i always close everything, set high performance, close all services unnecesary, any desktop software running etc, no mouse drivers, not keyboard, not windows blotwared etc etc
I've tried in the past alot of things.... like changing PCI DRIVERS from LINEBASEMENT Q, to MSI, to stop sharing ISR latencies
Like turning off Windows Features, like turning off saving features, and to be honest my pc haven't improved at all, as i say, suddenly pc becomes optimized...

IF YOU NEED MORE SPECIFICATIONS ABOUT MY MOTHERBOARD h55m-e33m voltages i can help

CPU VOLTAGE(V) is set to {AUTO} <----- according to my motherboard auto sets = 0.000(V) min= 0.000(V) , max= 0.302(V)
CPU VTT VOLTAGE(V) is set to {AUTO} <-------- according to my motherboard auto sets= 1.097(V) min= 0.451(V), max= 2.018(V)
GPU VOLTAGE(V) is set to {AUTO} <------------- according to my motherboard auto sets= 0.000(V) min= 0.000(V), max= 0.435(V)
DRAM VOLTAGE(V) is set to {AUTO}<------------according to my motherboard auto sets= 1.645(V) min= 0.978(V), max= 1.898(V)
PCH 1.05(V) is set to {AUTO}<------------------according to my motherboard auto sets= 1.050(V) min= 0.451(V), max= 1.953(V)

A fun fact is that, when i tried to up voltage in *DRAM) seems like it doesnt start at 1.645 it start at 1.608, so the auto is not correct here.
Another fact that I notice about my memory is that manufacturer says its: SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMD4GX3M2A1600C8
But CPU Z recognize as: Max Bandwidth: PC3-10700H (667MHZ) instead of (PC3-12800 (800 MHz))/1600MHz) which is weird o.o
So hope you guy can help me plz! Thanks alot! lemme know if im missing about any option, so i can add more info about my pc.

Last edited:
CPU-z sometimes gives wrong information in the SPD tab about the frequency rating of the RAM. The "Memory" tab will give you correct information about the frequency you are actually running it at and also the timings. But it gives the bus frequency not the DDR frequency. Just multiply it by two. So if it reports 800 mhz then it is actually 1600 mhz. But aside from that, CPU-z is a very useful program.

You could have saved yourself a lot of typing if you had just attached pics of these four tabs in CPU-z: "CPU," "Memory," "SPD," and "Motherboard". It would report a lot about your system info and bios settings. so please do that now. Using Windows Snipping Tool, crop and capture these four images from CPU-z I have mentioned and attach them with your next post using the Go Advanced button located at the bottom right corner of any new post window.

A picture is worth a thousand words, as the old saying goes.

Since the stock frequency of the i3 530 CPU is 2.93 ghz and you say it is running at 3.5 then it is apparently over clocked already.

Your biggest need is for a stronger video card (GPU) and more memory (4gb>8gb). Your CPU is hardly adequate either but probably the biggest needs are the GPU and the RAM at this point. Those two components are seriously inadequate for playing modern games. Until you are in a position to afford some significant hardware upgrades there really is not much we can do to help you. Tweaking settings will not help in this case. Sorry, I know that is not what you wanted to hear.

Trents...Can't say I've ever seen cpuz give an incorrect reading on the spd tab (reads this info from the sticks). If it does, it's not frequent enough for a PSA to people. :)

That aside, you have adjusted things that don't need it wowzas...

Outside of following trents advice to post those cpuz tabs, you really should read an overclocking guide...I have linked ours below. :)

http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-guide-overclock-core-i3-i5-i7/

Last edited:
I've seen CPU-z mispost rated RAM frequency many times over the years, both my own experience and observations from the post of other forum members. Seems to happen more often with certain brands as I recall. Maybe Kingston and Corsair if I recall.

Hello to you guys, Trents and Earth I really appreciate your support and help
But yeah, i know i have 4 gigas ram also this XFX 9600 gt is not helping, the thing is, I have a GTX 580 EVGA, but seems like this micro atx motherboard has no enough space to set properly my GTX 580 :/ is very hard.... also i'm using a V9 thermaltake case, which it has (hissing sounds) in front panel audio gree-jack, which can result a pain in the ... x.x
also I've read before that 3 step guide overclocking but to be honest I really wanted to get a stable pc, without power spiking, or causing RFI/EMI, and yeah that guide is awesome, but seems is all about overclocking :O i wanted to star dropping voltages, and reduce timings or increasing memory timings in order to see how performs my pc, seems like i need to star reading all back, again :/ (ahah sorry for my poor english)

Anyway, here is my CPU Z screenshots , thanks for the advise Trents.
FotosCPUZ.png

Everything looks as it should be. First priority: Get a newer video card. At least an Nvidia GTX 1050ti or an AMD RX9 470. You have squeezed all you can out of the current system components.

And what about my EVGA GTX 580? any tip to fit properly on this v9 thermaltake case+ msi motherboard h55m-e33?
Because that gtx 580 is way bigger u.u

- - - Updated - - -

And another thing why i feel Counter strike 1.6 to perform so choppy or sluggish at 100fps?

My monitor is syncmaster samsung tg 200, 75hz 2ms

If the GTX 580 doesn't fit it doesn't fit. I suppose you could remove hard drive cages or something to make clearance if you can get by without using the cage.

Back