• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800k overclock fail

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ehh, Wouldnt run my CPU higher than 80c, 95 On hottest core seems too much, It wouldnt crash but its not so healthy for it. Have you set your voltages manually? Set it at 1.35volts and see if it crashes @4.4GHz, If it does add 0.01Volts and check again, When it finally doesnt crash, Run P95 for 30 mins, If it doesnt crash run it for 3 more hours, If it crash add 0.01volts and do all of it again. WATCH YOUR TEMPS AS YOU STRESSTEST!
If it doesnt crash, Do all of the above but instead of adding voltage, Lower it.

Thank you for that. I determined that my rig needs about 1.36 v to test 4400mhz on p95v277, which gets to 90 degrees plus.
So I can settle at 4300mhz which I can get at 85 degrees at 1.34v. Still very hot testing on p95 but can run all day torture testing with Intel extreme utility which is way cooler, like 75degrees max.

Back