• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i7 4790k 24/7 my settings help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
When the overclock level exceeds the stock level turbo multiplier the option to changed the multiplier is gone on my system. Essentially, when that threshold is passed all the cores run at the same speed when under load, though passing the load around amongst themselves as we have established.
Makes sense. Just thought about it as a possible solution. Thanks for sharing so I know more!

And knowing is half the battle!

guys, what is max safe recomendation vccio for i7 4790k 24/7 use?

What is your stock XMP Vccio and Vccsa?View attachment 188450
IDK but i change all voltage settings lowered all these and i think are better, i test with IBT and i have stability, now i need found the correspondence of hwinfo V1 voltage, I already did everything to find out which voltage corresponds, i have increased and lowered voltages of all items in the bios to see, maybe, if there was something similar but nothing, maybe a bad reading of hwinfo64, My concern is that at idle this v1 voltage is maintained at 0.981v average but to full load this raise at 1.5v!!!

these are my setting now and the unknow V1voltage (i think vccio is VTT)
2m28aj7.png.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think you motherboard shows Vccio. What memory do you have?
no. this not show me vccio voltage in bios, only vccsa voltage and within this analog i/o voltage and digital i/o voltage these last two, only the offset. but experimented with offset i see in hwinfo that vtt went down, that's why im almost sure that is vccio.
Ram is 2400mhz gskill sniper 16gb Cas11 2x8gb

i have another doubt, among several:
why the recommended cache voltage for 24/7 is 1.15v ask this cause my cache stock is 1.18v, that is to say, a stock starts from 1.185v without OC

thanks all, finally i have found 2 stable OC settings
1- 4.7ghz 1.272vcore 40x cache
2- 4.8ghz 1.312vcore 40xcache
maybe the second is too much and the cpu will degrade faster...i dont know if i use it.
Anyway I use IXTU to change profiles

Back