• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any disadvantages to building AMD FX based home server?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Video encoding can be a pretty deep subject depending on what your goals are. Lochekey gave a good place to start though, and if you dont want to get real complicated then his advice will serve you well. H. 264/265 offers best compression and AAC has DVD quality sound. Ive run into some devices that stutter over h. 265 but play h. 264 just fine. Like i said it can be a deep subject ;)

I plan to educate myself in it more. Video and audio quality are very important to me. I think as a starting point I may be more inserted in just getting everything up and running, but I've invested in some nice stuff and plan to take full advantage. My father understand the audio side of it much better. I want to start getting into FLAC and lossless audio. I listen to Spotify premium, but that only provides 320kbps. I know that's getting into an entirely different topic than what I set out for here.

I'm sure i'll be back with more questions once I'm up and running at full speed.

Back