• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

THE PLANT VOGTLE EMULATOR BUILD!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
the little bee said I could get well tanked and play with my new toy so I got my mountain mods case build mocked up, ready to order stuff now.
my budget was $800 for this including the case, I stayed well within budget, (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...... OH!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH), because I'm using lots of stuff i have in the junk pile.
the build is.

motherboard, asus X99-AII, bought
cpu, intel 6800K, bought
psu, evga 850G2, have to buy
pump/res, xspc, have to buy
second res, bits power water tank, 250ML, have
waterblock, XSPC Raystorm Pro, bought
rad, undecided, have to buy
memory, 16 gigs ddr4/3000, bought
case, mountain mods ufo, bought
fittings, yea, a bunch, bought
fans, bitfiex spectre, red led, bought
boot drive, sammy, 960 pro bought
scratch ssd's 2 sammy 850 bought
storage drives, 2 segate 3TB, bought
cable right, red/black cable kit have to buy.

tower 3.png

PIC_1062.JPG

PIC_1065.JPG

PIC_1067.JPG

PIC_1070.JPG

PIC_1071.JPG

PIC_1072.JPG

PIC_1073.JPG

PIC_1075.JPG

see like I said, well within budget by reusing all that stuff!!!!!

yes, the pics suck, as usual, I own a sucky camera and I suck using it......

any Ideas on how to make this build better?

Last edited:
the little bee said I could get well tanked and play with my new toy so I got my mountain mods case build mocked up, ready to order stuff now.
my budget was $800 for this including the case, I stayed well within budget, (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...... OH!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH), because I'm using lots of stuff i have in the junk pile.
the build is.

motherboard, asus X99-AII, bought
cpu, intel 6800K, bought
psu, evga 850G2, have to buy
pump/res, xspc, have to buy
second res, bits power water tank, 250ML, have
waterblock, XSPC Raystorm Pro, bought
rad, undecided, have to buy
memory, 16 gigs ddr4/3000, bought
case, mountain mods ufo, bought
fittings, yea, a bunch, bought
fans, bitfiex spectre, red led, bought
boot drive, sammy, 960 pro bought
scratch ssd's 2 sammy 850 bought
storage drives, 2 segate 3TB, bought
cable right, red/black cable kit have to buy.

View attachment 188300

View attachment 188301

View attachment 188302

View attachment 188303

View attachment 188304

View attachment 188305

View attachment 188306

View attachment 188307

see like I said, well within budget by reusing all that stuff!!!!!

yes, the pics suck, as usual, I own a sucky camera and I suck using it......

any Ideas on how to make this build better?
Put some spinners on it! Wheel spinners, not HDDs or fans.

And some lights!

God I could sleep in that case.... Nice work CD!

got all the pieces I'm missing on order to be here Tuesday.
I'll leave this swifty rad in till I see if I need more.
kind of sucks that lamptron makes all their fan controlers 1.5mm to tall, I'll have to shave 1.5mm off the new pump/res to make it all fit but, that's why we build a mock up..........

YEA!!! MAN!!!! reusing the water tank is saving me a bundle!!!!!!!!

let's see how well i did with the budget thing!!!!

case 200.00
motherboard/ram/cpu combo 525.00
monsoon reservoir/new d5 pump 200.00
psu 135.00
psu cable kit 100.00
fittings and tube 90.00
fans 50.00
fan controler 75.00
dvd drive 30.00
drives 400.00
gpu 430.00

2235.00!!!! man that water tank is saving my bacon!!!!!!!

Last edited:
well that might have blown my budget Manny.
it would take at least 3, maybe 4 hand picked hides at $500 each then add $300 to have it covered.
at that I'll leave hides to seats.

0 style points, but who cares!! Nice re-use of the parts! Well done and enjoy!

ummmmmmm, earthdog,

In manufacturing and design, a mockup, or mock-up, is a scale or full-size model of a design or device, used for teaching, demonstration, design evaluation, promotion, and other purposes. A mockup is a prototype if it provides at least part of the functionality of a system and enables testing of a design.[1] Mock-ups are used by designers mainly to acquire feedback from users. Mock-ups address the idea captured in a popular engineering one-liner: You can fix it now on the drafting board with an eraser or you can fix it later on the construction site with a sledge hammer.[2]

so some useful feedback would be nice for once.

Contents

well that might have blown my budget Manny.
it would take at least 3, maybe 4 hand picked hides at $500 each then add $300 to have it covered.
at that I'll leave hides to seats.
Thought a guy like you could just go out and skin a cow yourself and then put it on. ;) Looks good as is bud.

the little Bee thinks it's pretty, the first dang computer thingy she has said that about.
with the bee liking it, the falcons going to the superbowl and the cost of hides.............. I guess I won't change it.

ummmmmmm, earthdog,

In manufacturing and design, a mockup, or mock-up, is a scale or full-size model of a design or device, used for teaching, demonstration, design evaluation, promotion, and other purposes. A mockup is a prototype if it provides at least part of the functionality of a system and enables testing of a design.[1] Mock-ups are used by designers mainly to acquire feedback from users. Mock-ups address the idea captured in a popular engineering one-liner: You can fix it now on the drafting board with an eraser or you can fix it later on the construction site with a sledge hammer.[2]

so some useful feedback would be nice for once.

Contents
Weird change of heart from your first reply to me...I have a guess why that happenend...

Tubing runs look fine, if anything, long amd not the most efficient routing? Cant tell too much.

Cable management needs improved (but it's a mock up)... problem with such a huge case is the length one needs to properly hide the cables...I have a core x9 so I know that pain of extensions, etc.

Red isn't my color, but that isn't my choice either. :)

So, again, "great reuse of parts, well done and enjoy!"

Hopefully that helps??

Last edited:
the cable runs are going to be a major PITA, so hang around.
the first issue will be the 24 pin atx cable, it looks like it's going to be a 150mm run and a bunch of excess to hide and tying it off to the underside of the motherboard support is out of the question as the ssd's are mounted there.

when we get done with wires and move to tubes it's going to be another PITA but, I have 40 feet of it on hand so we can do a lot of cut and try.
red is grey to me so it's just butt ugly, but if the little woman likes it, it's fine with me.

you can customize your cables to length so you do not need to hide extra length.

The UFO can be epic, just needs a little attention ................... :thup:

So if you paint it Grey will it look Red? ;)

if I had a clue what red was I could tell you.
when you look at your yard you see green and brown and try soooo hard to get rid of that brown but I only see all grey so my lawn always looks great but, it might feel a little too crunchy in the summer!!!!

as for the cables, I just ordered a kit for the g2, heatshrink free and as bad as I am at sleveing to start we'll go with what comes.
and looking ahead there are two other places for the ssd's, one might fit between the rad and front panel and the other on the vertical leg of the motherboard support or on the rear panel over the rear IO.

Last edited:
I wish he'd take the case sides off!!! I want to see that babe neked!!!

I got some more boxes of stuff to go with the other boxes of stuff, the one that counts is the black/red sleeved cable kit for the psu.
I think I'm going to run only the three rad fans and the other front intake fan off the fan controller, that will get rid of two fan splitters and reduce the mess up there and get those routed this weekend.
In my junk storage I found a 2x120 rad I got from atminside awhile back and a few of those SCHWEEEEEEEEET!!! syth, ultra kaze 3000, 120x38 fans that will fit on the rear fan ports that a single fan with the hdds attached are installed now, this will back the hdds another 45mm into the case.
I'll try to get that mocked up also and try to post a pic of it this weekend.

the rad's white, gotta get it shot in black.

and if you look at the bottom pic, the center fan on the rad has a different center sticker from the other two but, the fan in the port on the right has the correct center sticker, so I'll have to swap those also.
nope, nope, I have the center fan in backwards!!!!!

Last edited:
cooling unit, with drives attached, I'll try to get it installed in the case this weekend.
and ,yes, that is an emergency stop button on my extension cord, a while back I almost lost the house because I chose to use a cheap power supply, make yourself one or two and use them, $25-$30 at the big box hardware store is cheap.

PIC_1080.JPG

PIC_1085.JPG

well, I did get it in by myself.
I think this looks better than the water tank.

PIC_1086.JPG

PIC_1094.JPG

PIC_1103.JPG

Back