• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case Issue?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxclaw187

First post since i joined. Well im having issue with my computer not powering up for some reason while in my case but when i pull everything out it powers on. Its been in the same case for awhile it just started resonantly. Any thoughts thanks guys im stumped on whats going on.:bang head:bang head

Short somewhere. Any new hardware you've installed?

I've even had instances where a screw was causing the short, even though that same screw was in the case for over a year. Putting the computer back together I'd try power cycling after every little piece of hardware was added, and that one screw was the cause of my headaches. I left it off the mobo and it ran fine until I dismantled the build altogether.

Check cables closely that goes to power switch. If any of the cables looks too twisted or "naked" there is your problem, but still if there is no clear indication of damage cable still can be issue. If it isnt too much of the problem try with any other case to eliminate possible hardware failure

Back