• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU fan speed error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Medd

Registered
Hello, im new member. sorry if i post in the wrong location.

So my problem started yesterday, i would turn on my computer then i got that screen:
i see on my motherboard my DRAM Led is orange, my fan turn but maybe not in a suffisant speed.
i tryed to clean my pc, turning in the BIOS "F1 Detection" to ignored then my pc run but my cpu mount to 85° and put it off.

my pc spec:

CPU: i7 6700K (4.5Ghz)
MB: ASUS Maximus Vlll HERO
RAM: DDR4 HyperX Fury, 2 x 8 Go, 2400 MHz, CAS 15
WC: Corsair H100i V2 Hydro series
GPU1: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 ROG STRIX OC, 8 Go
GPU2: Asus GeForce GTX 1070 ROG STRIX OC, 8 Go
SSD: Crucial MX200 500 Go , SATA lll
SSD: HyperXFury 240Go , SATA lll
DD: Seagate Desktop SSHD, 2 To
CS: Aerocool Xpredator White Edition
PW: Corsair RM1000i, 1000W

if someone can help me pls :/

So your PC is actually overheating since this issue arised? Can you check the fan RPM with hwmonitor or so? Did you reseat the heatsink? Did you check if the RAM is seated properly? Also I'd maybe check for faulty RAM (memtest), but I'm not familiar with that orange LED. Do you get any beep codes?
Did you run the PC before or is this a fresh build?

Yes my pc run correctly before, i had it on august 2016
i havent touch anything

Did you check the pump as earthdog proposed? This is very likely to be the reason if there's actual overheating now (or the fans don't spin up correctly anymore and thus the radiator doesn't work as intended anymore).

Report back with the results :)

Make sure the pump is vibrating and the radiator is warm to the touch.

What this looks like could possibly be a down pump with no signal going to the header and a overheating rig, assuming you've put the pump in the right header as ED suggested.

Te pump isnt vibrating but the light is working and the fan turn, when i go in the BIOS my cpu is going fast to 85° i cant do anythings or my cpu will burn ...

You said it was working fine before since August 2016? If so, that sounds like the pump has failed.

Ok :/, should i go to the same cooler style or custom ?

That's your choice. ;)

Do you have the budget to do so? Ready to maintain it once/twice a year? Custom is a bit different than an AIO!

Okay then i'll will go back to AIO, do u have anything to see if is really the pump working wrong ?

Try it in a different header and see if it reads properly...

Do you hear/feel it working?

Is the pump plugged into the cpu header???

Yes i can feel the movement in the tube, i make a mov
i got the Q_Code 99, Super IO Initialization and the orange led u can see it the Boot_Device_Led.

The header W_Pump are not conected but CPU_OPT and CPU_Fan yes
And when i press F1 i go to the BIOS then my CPU mount fast in degres celcius

So you have your pump NOT on the header made for the pump? Can you try putting it on the pump header? Then disable monitoring for the CPU fan... see if the pump spins up...

I dnt find the the connector for the pump header, i tryed to disable CPU fan speed and Qfan then my pc boot but my cpu mounted to 100° ... i think my pump is not working right ?

The red square is where the pump header is located, directly beside the CPU/CPU OPT headers
Still it sounds to me like the pump is done. If you swap headers and get the same results, I would check and see if the AIO is still within warranty

hero.JPG

Well, if he disabled the CPU header, it makes sense the pump isn't working if that is what he's plugged into. If he finds the pump header and it still doesn't work/isn't showing RPM's in the BIOS, I would agree the pump seems done.

It is still garrantie so I will make a return

Thanks for ur helps

Back