• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gold standard in graphics?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
4K... but it depends on your settings there... I ran it at 4K Ultra (no AA) with a 1080 just fine (40-60 FPS).

^What Kenrou says.

I would add that BF1 is extremely well optimized, and even a 7970 OC'ed runs it @60fps maxed out@1080p (DX11 and DX12).

I had to Google what the hell a 7970 was... I missed that entire era in PC building (AMD doesn't even name cards like that anymore...)

I would think most games should run just fine at 1080p if you throw 600 watts at them... but the prize is running them at 4k. (Even if you don't have a 4k monitor yet). That's what most people are benching for these days.

I had to Google what the hell a 7970 was... I missed that entire era in PC building (AMD doesn't even name cards like that anymore...)

Anybody seen my Ensure? I think I left it with my oatmeal but I can't remember.......maybe it was my Dependz....what were we talking about...? I knew this day was coming, but suddenly I feel really old. LOL I lusted after the 7970 GHz Edition. What was that, way back in the spring of '12? I'll stop now.

I can throw 1000W at a GTX 1050... but it wont play 1080 well.

1050 doesn't draw 1000 watts... Two 7970s get pretty damned close to 600 though!

I love old video cards! I've got a bid out on the Ice 7970 x2 now... if nobody's bid on it by tomorrow then it's mine for 20 bucks! :D

Anybody seen my Ensure? I think I left it with my oatmeal but I can't remember.......maybe it was my Dependz....what were we talking about...? I knew this day was coming, but suddenly I feel really old. LOL I lusted after the 7970 GHz Edition. What was that, way back in the spring of '12? I'll stop now.

Gimme my Voodoo back !!!

I can throw 1000W at a GTX 1050... but it wont play 1080 well.

Would be fun to see what would be left of it if you tried to feed it 1000w I suppose ;)

skyrim se with reshade and advanced enb options, with a 4k and 8k texture packs, and volumetric weather, with particle limit turned to 12,000, ugrids set to 13, lod textures set to 4k varients, is very taxing and beautiful. Hard to bench it though, because getting the settings the exact same at that level is rediculously tedious.

super mario bros NES emulator. nothing looks better.

Liked Crysis 3 Campaign as well, bad ratings caused me to pass it up for a long time till it was lilke $10 on sale, shame.

Multiplayer was ok, but not refined enough to hold. Had heavily OP DLC weapons, and all the maps were too big cept the only one map that anyone plays.

As for graphics. I second Rise of the Tomb Raider, but I still hold Metro: Last Light to have the prettiest graphics I've seen to date. This is also a shame, because it was the first game I bought when I got back into PC gaming like 5 years ago. Not to long after that, the PS4 took over and advancements in Gaming came to a screeching hault.

Back