• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pentium g4560 build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ken3516

Registered
first intel build i seen this chip on a web search and thought it would be cool to try they are kind of hard to find IMG_1271.JPG IMG_1273.JPG IMG_1274.JPG IMG_1275.JPG IMG_1276.JPG IMG_1277.JPG

Looking good so far. The motherboard is a little overkill for that chip but should be fine nonetheless.

got it for future up date i might not be happy with that pentium chip

I started out with a g3258 and quick upgraded. What do you intend to do with this build.

You are going to find it lacking and some games will not even play. That is why I upgraded my g3258, even OC to 4.5ghz it still could not make up for the lack of 2 additional threads.

I'm sorry ignore my comments I did not realize that they started putting hyperthreading on the pentium line. It will be interesting to see how it does. If it does okay it should shake up the low end cpu market.

lol it already has shaken up the market they are sold out at most places and if you look on ebay the sell for more then 64 bucks retail

yea the G4560 is a gem in its own right, would be interesting if intel made it like the G3258 and made it unlocked. i always say that cpu as a stand by, as in you wanted to upgrade but couldnt get the cpu you wanted yet. this would fill that gap till then for a quad with HT...

even with my 4ghz quad core i feel its going to waste on the games i play. i think a dual core+HT would be more then perfect for me, i mostly these days play smite/hearthstone and some CSGO, i dont play CS like i use to though.

after looking around for a bit, i didnt find it directly through newegg. i found it through google search on newegg, the i3 7350K for the price is imo the best bang for the buck dual core+HT cpu to get. much like the G3258 cpu, is dual core unlocked but now has HT. Granted the i3 7350k is $179, it might be priced to high for some but seems like a deal to me.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117772

you can do it in paint or depending on the hosting site, you can edit it there and rotate it as well.

IMG_1287.JPG

all i did was rotate it in paint then select "insert image" when replying in the thread

Trying to figure out the mounting of the radiator/fans on the acrylic side panel. Are there holes in the acrylic panel for the fans to either intake or exhaust air? No, wait! That's the video card isn't it? Looks like it's parallel to the plane of motherboard? Is there an adapter that is permitting that?

yes it came with the case its like a bridge i will post a better picture of it tomorrow

Back