• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build AGAIN

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i don't think an upgrade from yours to Kaby lake is worth it, but i'm definitely pleased going from 8gb of ddr3 to 16gb ddr4 and from Haswell to Kaby.

The only thing i've noticed that i'm confused about, is that when i turn on the PC it will go directly into the bios instead of booting windows. I have the boot disk set as my SSD with windows on it. What setting is making it go into the bios automatically?

I would try updating the Bios.

I'm thinking because the storage drive was connected when he initially installed widows then some of the boot stuff got spread around to the storage drive. You know how goofed up a windows install can be when you have other drives connected. So what I'm thinking is that after changing the mobo the system is not finding everything it needs to boot and so reverts back to the EUFI. Anyway, a clean install really should be done as a matter of course when motherboards are changed.

well, i just turned the system on and it booted straight into windows this time. So, hopefully it will continue to do so.
But i'll update the bios anyway as well.

I'm glad it is working well for you, hopefully it keeps working correctly.:)

Last edited:
It goes through the ROG boot screen "press f2" to enter bios. Then instead of going into Win10, it will pop into the Bios menu. I'll click save and reset and it'll go through the splash screen again and then boot into windows. I made some bios changes and got the CPU to overclock to 4.5GHz stable so i'm going to leave it and see how it goes.

i'll have to try that. i hope i don't have to swap the MB out...

I do know that when i go into the boot menu in the bios and try to click my SSD it still won't boot into it. I have to hit f10 (save changes and exit), which there are no changes but it'll reset and boot windows then

You probably should have the system drive connected to SATA port 0 (or 1 if they start with 1). Many newer boards have that one labeled as the system drive.

I just switched all the drives to 1,3,5 from 2,4,6. The SSD on 1. It's booting into Windows now. Hopefully it keeps working.
Glad that was a simple fix!

Thanks!

Back