• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help connecting all 6 fans (mobo only has 4 headers)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Very neat in there.

Next time, make it easier on yourself when installing those big aftermarket coolers and install it on the motherboard before you put the board in the case.

Thanks so much folks, you're all very kind :) I tried to go with popular brands so I wouldn't mess up too bad. I did kind of cheap out on the case and it's been getting some hate on Newegg but I'm liking it so far. Will try to post pics once it's closed up :)

You're right, Trents. I wish I had placed the cooler before I put the motherboard in the case. It was so difficult to get it in there LOL

Hi all! Just wanted to update on the computer. It is working now. But it took a long time to turn it on because every time I did there was this error showing on the motherboard, I was scared that maybe the CPU was bad. So I ended up having a local technician look at it to diagnose the problem, and thankfully nothing was broken, it was just a loose connection. My mom's friend who was supposed to come look at it like 3 weeks ago never showed up, but I'm glad we called this other fellow because I don't think I would have figured out what was wrong by myself :&

So far, I've installed a bunch of games on it and they run fine. I don't really own anything worthy of a high end GPU but might get some nicer games once I buy the 480 or 1060. For now, I've been running this game called "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" that I'd bought about a month ago but could not run it in the older computer because it would just shut down.

I'm still running everything at stock speeds. Will try to set the memory to run at 3000 once I figure out how to do that :)

Here's the CPU-Z benchmark I run. I'm not sure what half of this stuff means but lol

http://valid.x86.fr/n627j6

Outstanding! For future reference, a loose connection is a very common issue on new/first builds.Your motherboard manual will tell you how to enable the XMP profile of your memory. :thup:

Whatever the OP's age that was a relatively painless first build. Nicely done! Also, I suspect we may have the builder and the recipient posting under the same account?

Thanks Alaric, will keep that in mind. Although I'm not sure when I'm building a new one. Hoping that this one will last for a few years :)

Hi Trents! Nah, I'm not that young. I just live with my mom and preschoolers. Though I definitely am younger than UncleGrandpa LOL Do you watch the show? It's so silly.

Sorry I've been kind of mysterious, I'm actually a lady. Just thought the UncleGrandpa handle would be funny. This guy I was referring to as being my mom's friend is someone she knows from Church, they're not like BFF's or anything as he is only 22, but I met him through her so I refer to him as my mom's friend.

The computer is actually for my 5 year old, he's a gamer. I'm still baffled by how he can be so good. I was never that good at gaming but I was decent so I didn't expect him to start beating me until after 7 or 8 :)

Is there a TV show named UncleGrandpa or is there really a character on a TV show with that name? Well, if it's not on ESPN I wouldn't know about it. But thanks for the mini bio. By the way, my youngest grandson is as old as your little gamer.

And another thing, I have really appreciated your respectful, grateful attitude. We could use some more of that at times around here.

Last edited:
Back