• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BATTERIES????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
you know the little stinkers in all our wireless devices.
any better than the Duracell industrial that I use now and can be hard to find here in Hooterville?
the panasonics have gone down hill, shorter lived and higher leakage than years gone by.
can't use neveready, they suffer very short lives and a leakage rate that might exceed 100%.
anything from wallys world of cheap, junk it appears can't be put in anything you want to keep.
what brand do you use?
is there an alternative to the little double and triple a alkaline batteries?
I'm just tired of having to replace keyboards and mice that always die of battery leakage crud and not of old age and batteries that last about a week.
what on earth do you guys in large office complexes with many terminals do? do you have a guy walk around all day with a box of spare mice, keyboards and batteries?????

They are a little more spendy but NiCad rechargeable has treated me right. Ive got a set for just about everything that eats batteries (game controller, keyboard/mouse thermostat etc)

There are Li-Ion AA/AAA https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B019...C_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=Li+ion+AAA but i can never justify the expense. Li-ion is the premiere battery standard for this day and age (there could be something better by now I guess)

Edit: I double checked and NiCad was incorrect. NiMH (nickle metal hydride) is the rechargeable that I use. Sorry for the confusion

Last edited:
Li-Ion is an option.
do they make rechargeable keyboards and mice??? Logitech rechargables???? they just "feel" better in the hand.

My wifi mice and keyboards will typically go about 6 months on Costco Kirkland alkaline batteries.

i'd wire an XT-60 connector and hook up a 6 cell LiPo. 10 minute battery duration, but MAN does that thing drop the AMPS! :)

Jokes aside, NiMH is actually a great battery, as is LI-Ion.

I generally run my mice and keyboards wired.

Logitech G600/G910 Respectively.

Got Logitech G933's, they use...Li-Ion for a 8-12 hour charge, more if there is long periods of no sound. I run them in wired mode though, because my battery is loosing its ability to hold a charge.

Li-Ion is an option.
do they make rechargeable keyboards and mice??? Logitech rechargables???? they just "feel" better in the hand.

Don't think I've seen rechargeable keyboards like rechargeable mice. Logitech do a solar powered keyboard, which has backup battery recharged by the solar cells. Wireless keyboards unless backlit will last quite a while on batteries. Wireless mice like say bog standard Logitech mice will last quite a while as well.

Even with daily use of several hours a Logitech M195 on the laptop lasts months. I also have a Logitech K400 keyboard connected to a PC I use on TV, I can't recall the last time I changed the batteries, had it ~2yrs. I also have a G700S this can chew through battery within 2-3hrs depending on settings for polling, etc. I use the 2000mAh Eneloop that came with it plus some Amazon 2500mAh NiMH.

you know the little stinkers in all our wireless devices.
any better than the Duracell industrial that I use now and can be hard to find here in Hooterville?
the panasonics have gone down hill, shorter lived and higher leakage than years gone by.
can't use neveready, they suffer very short lives and a leakage rate that might exceed 100%.
anything from wallys world of cheap, junk it appears can't be put in anything you want to keep.
what brand do you use?
is there an alternative to the little double and triple a alkaline batteries?
I'm just tired of having to replace keyboards and mice that always die of battery leakage crud and not of old age and batteries that last about a week.
what on earth do you guys in large office complexes with many terminals do? do you have a guy walk around all day with a box of spare mice, keyboards and batteries?????
Get wired keyboards and mice CD, problem solved.... :D :escape::chair:

Back