• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will you think Z270I will cut it

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

647chang

Registered
Im doing a build and Im planning on using the NZXT manta case. Being that, Im limited on mini-ITX board. Im planning on using the asus strix z270i. This set up will be watercooled. Would like to do a i7-7700k with a 5 ghz. Do you guy think this is harsh on the MB or this MB is not that great for a OC? Should I ditch that case and go with something from the ROG maximus?

If you get a good piece of silicon that will allow you to get to 5 ghz on fairly low voltage, maybe. Water cooled? That doesn't tell us much. How big a radiator?

Strix 270i is so far the best itx board on the market and will easily handle 5GHz+ 7700K. So all depends on your cooling in this case ...

Easily.. just need cooling. The VAST majority of these will do 5ghz... particularly on water.

Back