• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

If the 1080ti is real, how do you think it'll sell?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vishera

I was thinking the 1080 would be so close to a theoretical ti and the 1070 is so powerful as well, that not many would be willing to upgrade or buy it. There's also Vega coming from AMD. Just wondering what your guys' thoughts are.

The 1080ti is certainly real.

I don't quite understand your question though, do you mean in a general standpoint? In all cases I can think of the high-end/flagship cards are not the majority of the sales, that is the mid-low range cards. Do you mean in comparison to when Vega comes out assuming a similar price point? I guess we will see who has the performance crown and best performance/dollar at that point. Then ignoring people that are brand-loyal to only one brand see who jumps one way or the other.

1080ti will sell as well as the 980ti did.

If history is repeated, it will give Titan XP performance for hundreds less. If Vega comes in as a sleeper, it may even be a better value.

I think it will sell pretty well. Vega might cause some adjustments in pricing, but Nvidia's market share is pretty solid. If they're waiting for Vega to drop so they can edge it out in performance they'll probably do it like the rest of the Ti cards. If it's the top card tey'll charge the top price, and people will buy them. Especially 4k gamers, people who just want the best, and folks who buy Nvidia exclusively.

I think it will sell pretty well. Vega might cause some adjustments in pricing, but Nvidia's market share is pretty solid. If they're waiting for Vega to drop so they can edge it out in performance they'll probably do it like the rest of the Ti cards. If it's the top card tey'll charge the top price, and people will buy them. Especially 4k gamers, people who just want the best, and folks who buy Nvidia exclusively.

I concur. There are always those who will shell out top dollar especially the 4k gamers. Of course once the Ti drops, there will be great deals to be had with mainstream cards ;) I wouldn't mind getting another 1070 to get some SLI action going on. I'm sure my PSU is well capable of handling them. :D

Surely they'll sell well. If it's anything like the past couple gens, it will be Titan XP speeds give or take a low single digit %, and cost less than 2/3 of that same Titan XP.

I'm sure my PSU is well capable of handling them.

Your PSU could power a couple 1070s in both our rigs and have enough juice left over to keep the beer cold. LOL. Good to see you 'up and wandering around OCF'. :clap:

Back