• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Computer chair in need: Budget $300 hard cap

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

My current chair is fairly uncomfortable after its 4 year life of being used and abused.

Soo...It is time to bit it farewell.

I have been looking at this site for chairs because I have read several reviews on them, but I'm unsure which chair would be best for me.

I am 6 ft tall, and weigh 238 pounds.

http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/product/1/gaming_chairs/formula_series/?S=CReviews&O=Desc

Formula series dxracer was recommended by a friend of mine. the $299 varient. This is at my max budget, is this worth it? Or can I skirt by with the cheaper one, at $289?

I do like the look of the dark gray/black setup, as it somewhat matches my case being those colors.

http://www.dxracer.com/us/en-us/product/1/gaming_chairs/racing_series/

I like the look of the racing series a lot, but the entry level chair in this series is at the max budget. Is it worth it?

Any other series to look at?

PC usage is 8+ hours a day.

Wants:
-Be able to sit fully back into the chair and not have my eyelevel be 3 ft over my monitors. My posture when gaming is garbage, and my back is letting me know pretty hard. I'm not as young as I used to be.
-Reclining capability
-comfortable arm wrests is a plus. Leather is unnecessary.

Does not have to be a "Gaming" marketing strategy chair. I just want a solid, comfortable chair that forces good posture.

I have never sat in a mesh back chair, so I'm hesitant to just jump on board of one.

Last edited:
Craigslist. Herman Miller Aeron.

I used one of those Aeron chairs at one of the companies I worked for, it was what was at my desk when I started working there. Probably the most comfortable computer chair I've ever used.

My home computer chair by comparison feels like I'm sitting on a pile of rocks or stones (or solid metal, which is closer to reality), really hard.

I'll also add that if you're sitting for long periods of time, you're not going to sweat in an Aeron, unlike most leather chairs.

I'll also add that if you're sitting for long periods of time, you're not going to sweat in an Aeron, unlike most leather chairs.

That was one of the main reasons I bought it (I work from home multiple days per week), have the nice comfortable and mesh back/bottom chairs is a great change from the lack of breathability in leather chairs.

That was one of the main reasons I bought it (I work from home multiple days per week), have the nice comfortable and mesh back/bottom chairs is a great change from the lack of breathability in leather chairs.
Totally agree Janus, when I was at my office job I sat about 9 hours a day, only getting up for bathroom breaks. We had a 10 x 12 office with 18 monitors and 9 Pc's between the 3 of us, needless to say it was hot in there even with A/C. The Aeron was worth it's weight in gold. My buddy next to me spent a ton on a Recaro racing chair and complained daily about sweating his $%# off literally.

I've seen them as low at $450.00 new and they can be picked up used for under $300.00. A lot of times the lift cylinder goes on them and it's cheap to pick up a new replacement for it.

I'd say either reach out to them and see if they will sell for $300 with cash in hand. Or setup an IFTTT notification for 'Aeron' on your local craigslist and see what pops up. It's how I snagged the one that we got.

I guess it depends on how quickly you are looking to replace your chair.

Oh, and your question as to why they would sell for that price -- generally these companies that are selling them get them out of liquidation auctions for companies. Basically buying them for pennies on the dollar and trying to move them quickly to avoid having a large inventory of them. At least that is my understanding from the guy I bought mine from.

Back