• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mass Effect: Andromeda - launching 21 March 2017

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1st major complaint aparently is no manual saves - https://gamerant.com/mass-effect-andromeda-quick-save-feature/ - http://bsn.boards.net/thread/5166/manual-savings-on-priority-mission

Fully agree with his dude :

"no manual saves is BAD!
1. saves get corrupted BW, did u think of that?
2. people have a life and game play gets interrupted. U need to save and do other things. Having no manual saves limits playing time because I have to say, do i have time for this game now or should i wait till later or another day?
3. it prevents u from going back and picking different dialog options to see what they are.
4. players may want to redo a fight using different tactics.
AND no saves for side quests, i saw this in a review, online abt the 1st two hours of game play, single player. I guess BW does NOT want players to do the side quests.
NO MANUAL SAVES is a serious FLAW to this game and needs to be FIXED!"

Last edited:
anyone else on a fury x experiencing horrible fps on this game on voeld? i already have tessellation disabled on radeon settings... went from like 13fps-22fps.

i am only having problems on that planet. on 2560x1440p max

1st major complaint aparently is no manual saves - https://gamerant.com/mass-effect-andromeda-quick-save-feature/ - http://bsn.boards.net/thread/5166/manual-savings-on-priority-mission

Fully agree with his dude :

"no manual saves is BAD!
1. saves get corrupted BW, did u think of that?
2. people have a life and game play gets interrupted. U need to save and do other things. Having no manual saves limits playing time because I have to say, do i have time for this game now or should i wait till later or another day?
3. it prevents u from going back and picking different dialog options to see what they are.
4. players may want to redo a fight using different tactics.
AND no saves for side quests, i saw this in a review, online abt the 1st two hours of game play, single player. I guess BW does NOT want players to do the side quests.
NO MANUAL SAVES is a serious FLAW to this game and needs to be FIXED!"

Just saw this post. I don't know what you are referencing but I can definitely say that you can have manual saves. I have a butt load of saves throughout the game.

Ah i see. Well that is a little detail too me and until you pointed it out I have not even notice that I was missing this functionality.

Guess it just is not something I would find myself using.

Guess it just is not something I would find myself using.

Normally I would agree but then i remember how many times I had to redo a level on some game because I was so into the story I actually forgot to save along the way and I really really want to cry :(

Anyone else having auto-save problems in EOS ? 2x already it corrupted and I lost a couple hours gaming :(

Anyone else having auto-save problems in EOS ? 2x already it corrupted and I lost a couple hours gaming :(

Is this before or after the most recent update?

Speaking of the new update. I was kinda perturbed about it. Don't you know I waste points upgrading my storage just to have them turnaround and drastically increase the storage capacity.

1.04, haven't gone back to EOS after today's update. TBF storage space hasn't been a problem yet, only thing that was really bothering me was the face expressions and that was lightly tweaked, so "playable" for now.

I tend to be a hoarder so I was pleased with that aspect of the update.

Is it just me or the whole way the menus were designed seem like a console port ? non-intuitive/confusing for mouse/keyb users. The quest menu is still a mess (think ME2 was the best one on that point) and there are a ton of quests that don't really explain what you have to do or where to go. At least 2 quests in EOS are bugged. Nomad's "Platinum" paint job every now and then loses the chrome effect. My scanner keeps showing the Nomad as unidentified ever since it got upgrades. Can't interact with several NPC's unless i move the camera or my toon around (TBF the other ME had this bug on occasion). The planet search although visually beautiful becomes very bothersome very fast, huge time sink with the ~10s animations.

I have only been in 2 major quest line planets and i have a lot more then the above to complain about, this game seriously needs more patching...

Enemies stuck in walls that can shoot at us and we can't shoot back YAY

Enemies stuck in walls that can shoot at us and we can't shoot back YAY

Where did you find this? In going to have to go look for it.

On the EOS quests that you say are bugged, which ones where you having problems with?

Where did you find this? In going to have to go look for it.

On the EOS quests that you say are bugged, which ones where you having problems with?

Havarl, although i'm 80% sure they end up like that Because of one of my teammates, Cora or Drak (wasn't happening before). A quick run to a pod+save+load fixes it.

EOS - "The Ghost of Promise", i got all the datapads, sent me to the Vault but then when i go back to the terminal to deliver i miss-clicked on one of the other entries which made the quest reset, now they won't show up again. "Data Trail" is this supposed to be random or have a trigger ? i have been to every single Kett site and i still can't find info on it.

Nexus - "Task: Better Crafting" stays open even though i completed it.

Tempest (?) - "Outlaw Weapon Crafting" it reads as finished but the ! stays on it and has no text. At one point Liam asks me to craft a set of Arms which the quest completed but they are still in my inventory, can i safely sell them ?

Speaking of bugs : yes she's leaning AWAY from the console...

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:
Back