• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are the new ASUS AM4 motherboards going to have the same BIOS feature set?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
After continuously reading nothing but Crosshair VI Hero threads because there has been nothing written about Prime X370 Pro ..... I would have to state there is VERY little similarity in the BIOS' between the two motherboards. Think of the X370 Pro as 1/4 of the motherboard as the Hero. There is not much you can affect or change in overclocking or memory configuration with the X370 Pro. While there seems to be constant updates and monitoring of the Hero and on the forums, there has been nada regarding the X370 Pro. It is the red-headed stepchild of ASUS. Haven't got the memory to post consistently past 2133. If I somehow effect a change to 2400 and get into Windows, as soon as I turn off the system or reboot, I am back to 2133. Have been able to get all cores to 3.77 or 3.825 Ghz for a session, but again if turned off or rebooted, the system will come up at 3.4 Ghz stock core clock and 2133 Mhz memory speeds. Only one BIOS revision past 0502 has been released. That is 0504 which I am on and getting the reset to stock clocks all the time. The only solution is once I get it overclocked past stock .... DON'T turn off the system. I just hope that once the CH6 gets fully ironed out, that ASUS will lavish attention on its red-headed stepchild, the Prime X370 Pro.

So I have my memory running pretty solid @2933. Had to give a bit of a bump to my ram voltage b/c the prime x370 (and pretty much all AM4 boards, except one bios on the C6H) force the ram to 1T command rate. Mine is rated at 2T. Bumped my ram voltage to 1.380V, and haven't had a problem yet. Right now OCing via the stock 1700 cooler. It's going pretty well. Up to 3600mhz on all cores temps are right around 60C. Haven't had to bump vcore above what the bios said was stock. Haven't fiddled with LLC at all. Just bumping the multi in Windows after 20 mins of P95.

I have tried so far the Corsair LPX 3000 CL15 and the G.Skill Trident 3200 CL16 both as 2X8 kits. The Corsair never got further than 2133 at 1.35 or 1.38V as stock timings. The G.Skill I have gotten to 2400 at stock timings. No difference between 1.35 or 1.38V. I bought the G.Skill because it was supposed to have Samsung B-dies. It does. But it ended up dual rank. I am currently at 3825 Mhz on all cores with Vcore on Auto and LL1. I found that load level produces the lowest socket temperature over Auto or higher LL levels. I mostly fall back to either 3400 Mhz or sometimes fall back to 3775 Mhz if I reboot or turn the system off. I have never experienced a motherboard that "forgets" working BIOS setups if you turn them off or reboot. I am running twelve cores on distributed computing and I sitting around 80-82° C. with a Noctua NH-D15 SE-AM4 tower cooler on Turbo fan speeds temporarily until Corsair can ship me their AIO AM4 bracket.

I really want to get the memory sorted out. At least running at 2933 or 3200 since we now know that Ryzen responds best to the highest Infinity Fabric clocks. The brief times I have been able to run benchmarks show the massive improvement in scores if you can get fast memory working.

I should be getting another set of Corsair LPX memory in tomorrow. [CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 ] I ordered it because I saw it supposedly is single rank Samsung B-dies as reported here:

http://www.legitreviews.com/ddr4-me...latform-best-memory-kit-amd-ryzen-cpus_192259

If it works I will be able to lower the outside Noctua fan over the memory sticks and should be to re-install the side cover.

I read today in the CH6 thread that maybe Prime X370 might be getting updated AGESA firmware BIOS. Nothing on the ASUS site yet. Wish we had an ASUS forum member like Elmor and Raja for the Prime X370 product line.

Auto + LLC isn't overvolting?? Meaning, too much volage for the clocks? You really want to find stock voltage, set it manually, then use your 'method' of llc. :)

I bought the G.Skill because it was supposed to have Samsung B-dies. It does.
It has A500 after the first four digits of the serial number on the sticker, just below the barcode?

I read today in the CH6 thread that maybe Prime X370 might be getting updated AGESA firmware BIOS. Nothing on the ASUS site yet. Wish we had an ASUS forum member like Elmor and Raja for the Prime X370 product line.
I think it's coming in the next week or two. The C6H will be getting the AGESA code update around the same time.

Apparently not

Auto + LLC isn't overvolting?? Meaning, too much volage for the clocks? You really want to find stock voltage, set it manually, then use your 'method' of llc. :)

Apparently not. When I first turned on the system and got it to post and everything was on Auto, the Vcpu was running at 1.42V. So I already have dropped the stock voltage. I will have a chance to look at things again after I reset F5 defaults and start over again with the new memory. I just figured the the high voltage was the nature of the beast being a first generation chip and all.

My first generation FX-8350 had a VID of 1.38V. My second FX-8350 has a VID of 1.32V. My FX-8370 has a VID of 1.30V. My FX-8300 has a VID of 1.21V. So as they get better at making chips, they get lower operating voltages for the CPUs. I figure the same is going to happen with Ryzen. And of course, I NEVER win the silicon lottery.:shrug:

- - - Updated - - -

It has A500 after the first four digits of the serial number on the sticker, just below the barcode?

I think it's coming in the next week or two. The C6H will be getting the AGESA code update around the same time.

Yep. Both sticks have A500 after the first four digits in the serial number. The DIMMS were G.Skill F4-3200C16D-16GTZ. So it is supposed to have Samsung B-dies based on the serial number. But the sticks were double sided with chips.

Back