• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 1080 SC Voltage question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unilx

Registered
I thought all gtx 1080's were supposed to be able to hit 1.093v, mine at best is 1.05v. Is there a problem with my card?

precision x oc.

There's a page with a graph that i can click on to increase the voltage, but it increases the core clock to high, in increments of 25mhz. Is there a way to decrease it? Or un-link the voltage and core?

Last edited:
I am not real familiar with the new precision x but if you post some screenshots I can try to help and in the meantime maybe someone else will wander along who is familiar with the new version.

Can you post a screenshot with precision x open while running a stress test on the gpu like Heaven so that we can see what is going on. If you can also post a screenshot of the V/F curve you have set so we can see what the card is be commanded to do.

1 (2).jpg

On this page i can increase the voltage meter on the side to 100%, but the voltage won't go higher than 1.05v

2 (2).jpg

So I'm trying to increase the voltage on this page but when i increase it, it increases my core to high and my system locks up. The core and voltage seem to be linked

I think I've figured out how to increase the voltage. Now i have to figure out how to increase the core in smaller increments.

To increase voltage just do it at the left where you see the lighting bolt, then just increase the clock speed offset.

To increase voltage just do it at the left where you see the lighting bolt, then just increase the clock speed offset.

This and save, K boost will hold speeds if you want to do that
I have to think there are better BIOS files out there than the stock POS you are using

K boost won't increase my voltage, and i don't have a dual bios so i won't risk bricking my card. it's irritating that i seem to have the only 1080 that can't use 1.093v

I have yet to see a 1080 or 1070 that will volt past 1.063 on any of the manufacturers stock bios. Most limit it at 1.063 and it will fall back to 1.050. My EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid is the exact same way. Peaks at 1.063 falls back to 1.050.

Mine, +150 core and mem +1000. Is the memory on 1080s locked at +1000? I tried to go higher but it kept going back to 1000.

K boost won't increase my voltage, and i don't have a dual bios so i won't risk bricking my card. it's irritating that i seem to have the only 1080 that can't use 1.093v

No, K-boost only holds clocks and voltage , does not allow it to go into power saving mode
nVFlash is pretty straight forward

No pain no gain bro ;)

I have yet to see a 1080 or 1070 that will volt past 1.063 on any of the manufacturers stock bios. Most limit it at 1.063 and it will fall back to 1.050. My EVGA 1080 FTW Hybrid is the exact same way. Peaks at 1.063 falls back to 1.050.

Mine hits 1.093v with ease. I can show a screenshot if you like. I use MSI Afterburner and MSI's Curve posted here: http://thepcenthusiast.com/how-to-overclock-your-geforce-gtx-1070/

As witchy posted: no balls no glory ;)

Back