• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 1080 Ti *Confirmed*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i'm getting one right when it comes out. birthday present for myself. THANK YOU JEN HSUN YOU ARE THE REAL PRESIDENT

11GB of VRAM is a very strange number. Not often you see an odd about of RAM like that (we had some 3GB ones of course, but I can't think of any since then)

Looks good are there any reviews.

not yet just the livestream where the new stock cooler got it to 2ghz at 66c and was said to be faster than titan x by jen hsun. nobody will miss that one gb of vram. it's a beast and AMD is still quiet about vega. looks like a good buy.

10 fast 1 slow. still 4gb more than i have now lol.

As Janus said 11gb is a very strange number, makes more sense having 11gb fast and 1gb slow and the slow simply doesn't show/count for total (would avoid nVidia going through another law suit fiasco) :shrug:

Big dilemma now... do I grab one of these, or hold out for Vega?... given I have an NVIDIA branded case, it would be quite amusing to put Vega in it...

Big dilemma now... do I grab one of these, or hold out for Vega?... given I have an NVIDIA branded case, it would be quite amusing to put Vega in it...

Now that would be something. :rofl: If that was me which I would never do, I'd probably make a troll video on the tube and monetize it. I think it would surely grab some attention.

The hundred dollar price drop on the 1080 was a nice surprise as well.

It does amuse me that these giant technology companies cannot keep a Twitch stream running.

Had to watch most of it on Facebook and boy what a piece of crap that platform is for streaming/videos.

Way more than I would pay, but cheaper than anybody thought.

Still conflicted. I don't *need* it, but I do want it... Maybe I could start running DSR... or go 4k? :D Or if the 1080 does drop enough it would be tempting. Actually, wouldn't the 1080 drop put it pretty close to 1070? So while not mentioned, I wonder if there would be downward pressure there too?

11GB of VRAM is a very strange number. Not often you see an odd about of RAM like that (we had some 3GB ones of course, but I can't think of any since then)
definitely odd, as is the memory width of 352 bit. 11(chips) x 32(bits) = 352 bits. This is not a split memory bandwidth like 970 gents. ;)

So while not mentioned, I wonder if there would be downward pressure there too?
As is typical, I would absolutely think so again.

Reminds me of Spinal Tap...they turned it up to 11!

Long live my Titan X cards! :D

I thought the same but I suppose it's NVidia's way of trying to justify the X's far greater price tag for a mere GB more.

Kinda glad I held out on those 1080's on Newegg like everyone on here suggested as your advice now is confirmed.

Good things come to those who wait I suppose..

Yes I'm gonna go Ryzen with a 1080ti AMD+NVidia=Win

I'll bet the pricetag on that sucka is gonna be hefty. Looks like the Titan X is going to be the better deal.

And of course they gotta show it with that dam squirrel cage blower crap cooling :rolleyes: Can't they ever show something more appealing?

I'm shocked they priced it at only $699, I was expecting it to cost more. With Ryzen here as well, what a great time to build a killer new gaming PC!

Back