• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 1080 Ti *Confirmed*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah I'm a big fan of Zotac's cards, but indeed that's ugly as sin. What were they thinking? :rolleyes: And of course they're going RGB crazy as well. I'm hoping this is just a mockup and the final product does not look like that.

i doubt it. it's pretty much prime time.

- - - Updated - - -

At the end of the day, you only see all the fancy stuff that they do when you pull it out of the box.

It all faces down in the case. (Most applications)

true but they could have left the fans alone. 2 of them look like they can barely breath.

I am sure they have it figured out ,

I would not rush into anything, we have waited this long

Many cards will be hitting the streets by months end.

Patience as always will pay dividends in acquiring the best choice for your specific needs

For me it would be a KPE if EK has a supporting block :)

Had no idea you made one, have to read it :confused: regardless the only thing i took from this one was "zero throttling" which sounds good (pity it doesn't mean mhz...) :p

Tis good :thup: was thinking about replacing this 660ti for a MSI 1060 6gb (because i hate jet engines near my ears) sometime in the next 6 months or so, i might actually rethink and go EVGA if the noise levels are close.

Well, not at the Linus level, but, he was invited, and we went to that meeting in Brea, CA/EVGA. Walked out with the 1080 FTW2 w/iCX. :)
http://www.overclockers.com/evga-gtx-1080-ftw2-gaming-icx-video-card-review/
Its interesting to note that EVGA says" We took a look at sensors and decided one is not enough" It would have been cheap enough to replace the occasional burned up GPU...Nice that they hit the problem with a sledge hammer and did this.:thup:

This will be the first time ever for me refreshing like crazy on the 10th to get a Ti before (I beleive) they sell out, and end up on Ebay at an inflated price. I've tasted 4K, and I like it. Most I have ever spent before was $350 for my GTX 970...

ok so "next week" has come and gone and i don't see any 1080 ti's. i don't understand why they've lied to me.

crestfallen-warrior2.jpg

ok so "next week" has come and gone and i don't see any 1080 ti's. i don't understand why they've lied to me.

If I'm reading right, FE cards will be available for sale today at 1pm EST / 10am PST.

Anybody find one in stock? I was refreshing all the usual suspects and vendors at 1PM...Never once saw it in stock. (Nvidia, Amazon, Newegg....) I refreshed evga pretty much when their site came back up from maintenance...none in stock. I ended up ordering an Asus FE from Newegg , Hope it ships before MEA. Oh, and it came with a game

I'm not sure why nvidia sent me an email linking me to their site, if it was just going to say out of stock...:p:p

I asked my financial guy to buy nvidia stock yesterday so I could earn my money back...:sn:

Last edited:
I _should_ have one coming in from EVGA, though right now it doesn't show up at all in their web system.

Edit: Correction, online chat support first told me the truth and then lied to me.

Apparently their order system will let you go all the way through and then if they are out of stock will dump you out back into their web site with no errors to let you know the order failed. I'd say something about that, but I'd rather not make work for the mods.

Last edited:
Wow! lol Within posting my last post, I was able to randomly add a single GPU to the cart and proceeded if I wanted.

The "F5 spamming warriors" are out in droves today. Careful everyone.

A couple of them showed up a back-order-able, so I went ahead and ordered one from Newegg.

I'm VERY unhappy with EVGA's ordering at this point. I also had an issue where I ordered a couple of powerlink connectors from them in October and it looked like it went through, but didn't. So of the last 3 times, I've ordered through their site, it has only worked once.

Nvidia came into stock today so I put it in the cart canceled the Newegg order and than realized I was going to pay tax...ouch. At least it will be here in a week....I just checked back and they are out again. I don't know if they give preferential treatment to you if your on their email list or not...and I did follow the email link. Delivery Thu....sooner than I expected.

Last edited:
Back