• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i7 930 Overclock need Help / Advices

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kepler78

Hi french man from Quebec Canada here I have overclocked my Core i7 930 for the 1st time since I was looking for a bit more performance and I will change my computer in a year or 2 to ryzen so I was looking for advices from experienced overclocker to check my oc to be sure there is no mistake or danger and if everything is alright. I oced my cpu yesterday and been running the OC for 1 day now, I did a prime95 test for 2hrs at 100% load all thread all core and passed it (well stayed green i mean), runned the computer all day with no issues at all and played games like Watch Dogs 2 at ultra with no problems for over a hour at 45-60 fps. So what I did is I've read a few guides online how to oc a i7 to 3.8ghz-4ghz I took their numbers, voltage and frequency dropped them down a little since I didnt want to hit 4ghz and so far seem to be running a stable oc at 3.5ghz since 1 day ago with no issues. I want to know if there is any danger of running it like this, like if 1 of my voltage is wrong or too high or something is set wrong in ram or qpi etc. My CPU TEMPERATURE AT IDLE IS : 43C-48C........ My CPU TEMPERATURE AT FULL LOAD PRIME IS 70C-78C it NEVER goes over 80C no matter what I try. My idle temp is 5c over stock and my full load temp is about 8c over stock at 2.8ghz.

CPU.................................: CORE I7 930 BLOOMFIELD 45NM, REVISION D0
CPU COOLER......................: CORSAIR H80IGT WATER COOLER
MOTHERBOARD..................: ASUS P6X58D-E LGA 1366 Intel X58
RAM.....(stock before oc)....: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600 PC3 12800 Model F3-12800CL9T2-24GBRL,Timing 9-9-9-24 Cas Latency 9 Voltage 1.5V

CPU OVERCLOCK BIOS SETTINGS : ______________________________________________
CPU FREQUENCY..........................................: 3520 MHZ
DRAM FREQUENCY.......................................: 1604 MHZ
AI OVERCLOCK TUNER..................................: MANUAL
CPU RATIO SETTINGS...................................: 22.0
INTEL SPEEDSTEP.........................................: ENABLED
XTREMEPHASEFULLPOWERMODE......................: ENABLED
BCLK FREQUENCY..........................................: 160
PCIE.............................................................:100
UCLK...........................................................: 3368 MHZ
QPI LINKDATARATE.........................................: 7057 MT/S

CPU VOLTAGE..................................................: 1.25
CPU PLL VOLTAGE.............................................: 1.88
QPI DRAM CORE VOLTAGE...................................: 1.25
IOH VOLTAGE....................................................: 1.10
IOH PCIE VOLTAGE..............................................: 1.50
ICH VOLTAGE.....................................................: 1.20
ICH PCIE VOLTAGE..............................................: 1.50

C1E SUPPORT HALT STATE...........................: DISABLED
HARDWARE PREFETCHER.............................: ENABLED
ADJACENT CACHE LINE PREFETCH.................: ENABLED
INTEL VIRTUAL TECH..................................: ENABLED
CPU TM FUNCTION.....................................: ENABLED
EXECUTE DISABLE BIT................................: ENABLED
INTEL HYPERTHREADING.............................: ENABLED

(EVERYTHING ELSE IN BIOS IS DEFAULT (DIDN'T TOUCH) )

CPU-Z RAM INFO :____________________________________________________________________________
MEMORY TAB, TIMINGS SECTION :

DRAM FREQUENCY...............................................: 799.8 MHZ
FSB : DRAM..........................................................: 2:10
CAS# LATENCY (CL)............................................: 9 CLOCKS
RAS# TO CAS# DELAY (TRCD)..............................: 11 CLOCKS
RAS# PRECHARGE (TRP)......................................: 11 CLOCKS
CYCLE TIME (TRAS).............................................: 28 CLOCKS
ROW REFRESH CYCLE TIME (TRFC).........................: 128 CLOCKS
COMMAND RATE (CR)..........................................: 2T

SPEED TAB SECTION :
.........................................................................JEDEC4... JEDEC5... JEDEC6... XMP-1600
FREQUENCY......................................................... 685mhz... 761mhz... 800mhz... 800mhz
CAS# LATENCY...................................................... 9............ 10 ........ 11 ............ 9
RAS# TO CAS#...................................................... 9............ 10......... 11............. 9
RAS# PRECHARGE.................................................. 9............ 10......... 11............ 9
TRAS.................................................................. 24............ 27......... 28........... 24
TRC.................................................................... 33............ 37.......... 39.......... 33
COMMAND RATE.................................................................................................. 2t
VOLTAGE................................................................. 1.50v 1.50v 1.50v 1.50v

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your help plz help me out or let me know if anything is wrong in the settings or something is a little off or dangerous anything out of the ordinary, im not a pro overclocker and this is my first overclock so thank you for the help and sorry for my english I speak french here in Quebec Canada

thank you and have a nice day

Kaven

Seems ok to me. The name of the game is to use the least amount of voltage needed for a given clock. If you are there, and stable, you are finished!

Your me.or you timings (trp and trcd) are a little looser than they are rated for. Not a huge deal. It should be 9-9-9 you are at 9-11-11..

Back