• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Marathon Season V March: 3DMark Vantage Performance

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So on my base run I scored a 35,912 with a GTX 980Ti. Maybe its me but that seems awfully low compared to some of the other results posted up here. Given I dont expect to match a 1080, but scoring half as much as 580s in SLI. Something seems off.

Yes still running the trusty 8320. Been looking to replace it for quite a while, but haven't gotten to it yet. CPU score was 24,000ish I know I can bring that up with a more aggressive OC and try to push my memory timings. Right now for 24/7 I have the CPU dialed back quite a bit from where I used to keep it. I may need to top off my reservoir as I think I heard some small bubbles in there the other night, so definitely want to take care of that before I try to crank it up to 11.

It was around 42,000 on the GPU score and this stubborn 980ti wont go much further. I can push my clocks probably about another 100mhz before I run into the power limit as I never did get around to modding the bios.

IDK I think with tweaks and pushing the clocks I should easily be able to squeeze another 5K out of it, but still seems low.

HA put it this way SSJ, I ran this for the country cup on FX8370 and took 6.2 to reach 33K CPU score. IIRC 29k was around 5.6 ish

Ive taken this chip as high as like 5.6 on water but that was barely cpu-z stable. I think If I go all out with my current setup I can get around 5.2 stable enough to finish this bench. At 4.4 Im hitting 54C load temp so definitely got some wiggle room left in there.

The Fx is the issue sorry to say SSJ. I see one sub on the bot with a Fx 8350 at 7.2 ghz and the 980 ti both on Ln2 and 58k was where it topped out at.

Johan45/ GTX980Ti/ AIR/ 60007
Gave the 1700x a run

3dvan 60007.JPG

SwartHack/EVGA 980 TI HydroCopper/Water/58798

Any tips to improve the CPU score? Is tighting up my RAM going to make that much difference? This CPU i got is a dog and as temperamental as my teenager, Isn't it supposed be the best for the Z170 chipset. Any recommends...

58798.JPG

Thanks!

BTW - Betty has 4 tattoos!

Is that something that applies to all 3D benchs? cause for this one no! I'll try that...
But how would that improve CPU tests???

Thanks!

It won't but it improves the GFX portion and most tests such as 3DMark Van weigh heavier with the GFX portion than they do on the CPU portion.

I was hoping that my 1080ti would be here before the month was up to get another score here, but doesnt look like its going to happen.

Haven't found time to install Win7 on the Ryzen so this doesn't count, thought I'd post it anyway.
Mandrake4565/GTX 980/H2O/57157
3dvant,57157.PNG

Win 10 is fine with all 3DMark. If subbing to the bot all you need is current sysinfo and a valid link to the results at 3DMark

Win 10 is fine with all 3DMark. If subbing to the bot all you need is current sysinfo and a valid link to the results at 3DMark
Oh thanks bud. Guess I need to hook the ryzen to the net. :D I'm pretty sure I have more in the Gpu, not sure about the Cpu/Memory @ -3c water temps. :D Though I did beat my sub with the 4770k both on DICE..

Back