• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Worth selling my current cards and getting 1080ti SINGLE or DUAL [SLI]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
*Display 1 Samsung 28inch 4K, 3840x2160 //4K resolution
*Display 2 Dell UltraSharp 22 Multimedia Monitor | UZ2215H 1080p
*Display 3 Dell UltraSharp 22 Multimedia Monitor | UZ2215H 1080p

I think that we need to wait for benchmarks to see how well the 1080ti will actually do.

I would be very surprised if a single 1080ti will beat out SLI 1080's in SLI compatible applications.

Myself, until SLI is universally supported with no messing around, I will never go back to it.

valid point

I think that we need to wait for benchmarks to see how well the 1080ti will actually do.

I would be very surprised if a single 1080ti will beat out SLI 1080's in SLI compatible applications.

Myself, until SLI is universally supported with no messing around, I will never go back to it.

if the 1080's are doing what you need them to do why would you even consider it.

Enjoy the 1080's and take a look at Volta chips for your next upgrade

IDK based on my rough projections a 1080Ti would be about 30-50% slower than 1080 in SLI. If your SLI setup is more than sufficient for your top games, and you want to reduce overall power consumption then heck ya. If you want the amount of power you have now then its worth while to skip and wait until next year when (insert name here) nVidia series comes out to top it.

IMO it depends on your monitor. if it goes over 60hz and the games you play most support sli then keep em. however, if it's a 60hz monitor the 1080ti makes sense since that's about where it'll keep you most of the time. with sli 1080s you just have random games that only use one card and run like crap at 4k while the rest of the time you hit 60hz with both cards working which a single ti will do anyhow. go for consistency that's how i feel. 1080ti all day long.

The Ti is basically a Titan but a tad better. I honestly would stick it out with the 1080s in SLI and wait for Volta. Not worth the trouble, money lost and a performance hit for the Ti while only benefiting from less power used and heat created.

The Ti is basically a Titan but a tad better. I honestly would stick it out with the 1080s in SLI and wait for Volta. Not worth the trouble, money lost and a performance hit for the Ti while only benefiting from less power used and heat created.

maybe i will just add the cards to my loop.

Back