• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Computer Keeps shutting off

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Am I mistaking but I thought the Sabertooth wasn't 220w rated

I thought the only boards offically supported for 220 were the Extreme7,Crosshair and ....... damn I forgot the other one

And the Sabertooth.

The Sabertooth is also "only" 140w, even has a warning on the supported CPU section about the 9*** series. It's robust (TUF) enough to handle them though (I'm sorry, I was cringing as I wrote that)...

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R20/specifications/

https://www.asus.com/uk/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R20/HelpDesk_CPU/

OK guys so i went so far as clearing out and reapplying the thermal paste (artic with silver) I Replaced a couple of the CPU mount screws hoping for a snugger fit, and it has allowed me for now to get into the pc(actually sending from it now) but i went right in and turned on the temp monitoring and under just a couple of things like youtube and no gaming yet, but the temp right now is at 60C (not sure why you need it in c/f but whatever) It is working for the most part, but i need to make sure this wont happen again. Maybe in a few weeks i'll invest in a better cooling rig than the Corsair h100I. LIke i said not totally convinced that its fixed yet

my guess is it's not fixed.
would you please set the core clocks to a 4.0 clock and the vcore to 1.35.
the 9590 is very hot and takes a bit of work to get it stable, at the very least, set turbo core to disable as this is where most have issues.
on my own 9590, with big water cooling 4.8 is about all I can really lean on it.

This is the 990fx rev 2 I checked that it was compatible with the 9590 and every other source said it could handle it water cooled,but yes I did crash shortly after I posted. next step is lower the clocks on the bios

That is where I would start Black, drop the clocks to 4.0 and the voltage to 1.375- 1.4 and stress it.

This is on a Rev 01 Sabertooth. I can run any bench you want all day long.
The Sabertooth is more than stout enough for the 9 series FX's. I dare say it's probably the second best board there is for them.

image_id_1262675.jpeg

The OP needs to address his cooling situation. That's the only problem.

I'm stuck at this point i can't even get into the Bios long enough after that crash from changing out the thermal paste. I'm stuck at this point i reset the bios and it will stay on long enough for me to get into the advanced but hen crashes again( completely shuts down) the heat says the cpu is at 34degrees C when it starts up. What do i do?

Hey Sorry for the long break. Well I tried everybodys tricks nothing worked. So I've bought a new AMD 9590 with the sabertooth 990fx r3 and an EKWB watercooling setup (couldn't afford the new AMD processor and motherboard)

Back