• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

x370 with Quad SLI/4-Way Crossfire?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryoungblood

Registered
I'm looking to build a new machine with 4x 1080 Ti and a Ryzen 1800x, but I can't seem to find any boards that support more than 2-way SLI.

According to their website the ASRock x370 Killer SLI supports quad SLI, but it only has 2 PCIE slots. Is the quad SLI board still in development?

From what I understand, boards with anything more than 2-way are becoming more rare, but I'd still like to see if I can find one that supports the AM4 CPU

Anyone have any insight?

It supports Quad-SLI when you use two cards which are dual GPU graphics cards.
i.e. GTX 690

if you even want to even go tri card you have to go back to the 990fx chipset and an fx processor.

I like the way you think.

like my z97 extreme 9, look for this in the specs.

4 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 2.0 x16, 1 mini-PCIe, 15μ Gold Contact in VGA PCIe Slots (PCIE1 & PCIE4)
AMD 4-Way CrossFireX™ and NVIDIA® 4-Way SLI™ supported by PLX PEX 8747 Bridge

So far there are no other boards than standard 2x PCIE x16 and even these are hard to get. Simply you can't use more than 2 graphics cards in SLI/CF on any available X370 motherboard.

That and driver support for anything over 2x sli is starting to be dropped by nvidia in most instances.

I'm looking to build a new machine with 4x 1080 Ti
Anyone have any insight?

Lots of good answers on why Quad or Tri SLI will not work with Ryzen, but I don't think anyone addressed this:

nVidia has dropped support for Quad and Tri SLI.
You will not find anything more than Dual SLI from nVidia on the 1000 series cards and all other cards going forward.
So unless you are looking at using some unofficial driver or building support yourself, DUAL SLI is all that you are going to get.

Yes a select few application may support more than 2 cards, but for Games and general use, strait from nVidia don't put more than 2 in your system.

Back