• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Legend of Zelda Breath of the wild wiiu warning and question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suppressor1137

For those looking to buy the new Legend of Zelda BoW, know that the only two controllers supported are the basic bulky gamepad, and the WiiU Pro controller. The box shows The wiimote by itself, with nunchuck, and with the wii classic controller icons. This is NOT true. It WILL NOT detect these devices.

As for my question for those whome it may apply to.

I don't want to spend nintendo's premium price for their controller. Can anyone confirm these work with BoW before I waste my time and money?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...8B8563&cm_re=wii_u_pro-_-78-796-055-_-Product

Well I *know* nobody posts there anymore since I've been gone... but there is still a Console Gaming section. :p

I don't have a Wii-U so I'm afraid I can't be of much help... but maybe somebody there can.

I don't have that particular controller. I have a pair of NYKO pro-style controllers that I haven't tested (as the gamepad has been fine for me) though. If you need me to test one of those controllers let me know.

I'll go out on a limb and say that it will work, it looks like basically a Pro controller that is laid out like a Gamecube controller. It has all of the Pro controller's necessary buttons. I strongly recommend Nintendo's controller though. It has the proper ABXY button layout and the 80 hour battery life is no joke.

yeah, i bought the official controller. I was shocked at the battery life, as i was expecting it to be like the ds4. I was pleasantly surprised. I just hate the sticks location, but can say it is very comfortable otherwise.

as for posting in console section, that was an accident tbh, thought it was, but i hit back on my phone before posting.

Back