• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Car seat computer chair

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1.21_gigawatts

Registered
Wasn't really sure why I should put this one, so alternative modding section if goes!

I work in an auto salvage yard and snagged a seat out of a 2013 Impreza with the plan to turn it into a computer chair. Got it all together today and I must say, even without armrests, it's a pretty darn comfy place to plant my rear :D

20170305_140949.jpg

Removed the airbag explosive and occupant seat sensor (which was a fluid filled sack...), ditched the original bracketry, fabbed up some new brackets with steel and bolted it all together using the bottom section from an extra computer chair I had kicking around the house. Retained the raising and lowering function of the original computer chair as well as the recline function of the car seat, and it's super solid!

20170305_141123.jpg

20170305_141150.jpg

Watch for a 02-04 WRX seat. They might be the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. I'm still trying to find a good deal on a pair to swap in to my FXT.

Thansk guys :D

It's inspired me to change plans on my current desk build and go back to the drawing board... I've always had two hobbies, automotives and tech, and I'm planning on building an all-in-one desk PC with a glass top, but now I'm thinking of bring more car theme into it after this little seat project.

Back