• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Crosshair VI Hero BIOS Brick

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have already tried the BIOS flashback (clearing CMOS before and after) to 1002. When I remove the RAM I get error code 4b?

I am not familiar with that code. When you say you removed the RAM, do you mean all of it?

Also, Board should be here tomorrow.

4b/FA No ram detected or installed. I have seen even though my ram is fine I had just pushed it too far. But that's what you should see if no ram is present

Oh yeah, I forgot that DDR4 dimms require a bit more push if you are not used to them. The extra shavings at the fingers throws some people off.

For anybody who still want these things, Microcenter (at least mine) has them in stock for $245 plus you get $100 off with the purchase of a 1700X or 1800X.

When I said pushed it was overclocking not physically into the socket. The board just thought they weren't there anymore.

Here's another brick too. I had perfectly running C6H with 1800X ryzen. I switched ram speed from bios to 3200 what my ram supports. System booted and worked fine. How ever, I decided to get a new case for the new stuff and I shutdown my computer. Moved all the stuff to new case, booted up system, instead of booting there was message "Updating BIOS please do not poweroff", waited, waited, BAM screen blank, still waited 10mins more. Powered system off and computer did not boot anymore. Googling and stuff, did flash back for all the bioses for C6H available, system boots to ROG splash screen and text "press F2 or DEL to enter EFI BIOS setup", however, keyboard is not responding and cannot enter into BIOS, tested kbd on all usb ports. Error code is 0D but ram is 100% fine. Ironically radio plays Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall... Some solution needed until Tue so testing all nights long...

Here's another brick too. I had perfectly running C6H with 1800X ryzen. I switched ram speed from bios to 3200 what my ram supports. System booted and worked fine. How ever, I decided to get a new case for the new stuff and I shutdown my computer. Moved all the stuff to new case, booted up system, instead of booting there was message "Updating BIOS please do not poweroff", waited, waited, BAM screen blank, still waited 10mins more. Powered system off and computer did not boot anymore. Googling and stuff, did flash back for all the bioses for C6H available, system boots to ROG splash screen and text "press F2 or DEL to enter EFI BIOS setup", however, keyboard is not responding and cannot enter into BIOS, tested kbd on all usb ports. Error code is 0D but ram is 100% fine. Ironically radio plays Pink Floyd - Another brick in the wall... Some solution needed until Tue so testing all nights long...

If you get the bios screen you might be able to save it. Have you tried clearing the CMOS since you flashed it?

What BIOS version were you running when it "Auto Bricked"?

This is the thing what I unfortunately didn't check until I had a brick. Answer for another question, yes I did CMOS clearing, however, flashback seemed to work at some level, however system got stuck always to QCODE 0D after flashing the bios. I was pressing clear CMOS button to turn omputer off, then I did flashing, after flashing CMOS clearing, I also removed CMOS battery, I believe I did kinda all the possible procedures. Today I called to store and explained the situation, I can return that old C6H board back to store bricked and I will get money back, I need urgently computer on tuesday and I needed new MB right now, so I bought new one from other store. I noticed small differences on MBs. New one had barcode stickers on top of USB ports (not covering ports) and bricked one didn't. Now this message is written using nre C6H and updated bios to latest. I noticed also when I entered BIOS for the 1st time on new MB, it was different looking, I had no Tools and Exit menu at all visible when I entered into BIOS on bricked one, so it was some how faulty at BIOS level already when taking out from package. Bricked one BIOS menus were ending to BOOT menu option and text "BOOT" wasn't completely but BOO , I was then thinking that it's just buggy bios which will be fine later. Mouse was also a bit laggy on bricked one MB while using bios when I compare it to this new MB. I wanted to share my expirience with bricked one and new MB because incompletely showing BIOS might be sign that MB will get bricked. Now just waiting for a proper BIOS update, having Corsair High Performance liquid cooling system and having cpu temp 50-60C is ridiculous unless values aren't properly reported.

Now just waiting for a proper BIOS update, having Corsair High Performance liquid cooling system and having cpu temp 50-60C is ridiculous unless values aren't properly reported.
AMD intentionally reports the 1800X (and 1700X) temp with 20C added as a primitive fan control profile technique. So your actual CPU temp is 30C to 40C.

I knew it had to be you Dolk, I sent my broken CHVI and R9 Fury out last Thursday and the board is arriving back today and the card should be tomorrow. :borg:

I knew it had to be you Dolk, I sent my broken CHVI and R9 Fury out last Thursday and the board is arriving back today and the card should be tomorrow. :borg:

:( Its just that board houses have been able to catch up.

They actually sent me a new one retail box an all. Pretty sweet

Dude, double ffs

I believe I got a new board. Not sure, it looks like it went back to the board house for a rework and than they stuck on new heat-sinks and the like. Either you are seeing a new ASUS or you ship too much to them that they know you by first name.

That quick of a turn around means its a new board. If it took longer than they would have attempted repair or sent it off to a board house to get part replacement.

I'm still having issues with my board time to time. It just randomly will not post because of bad memory training. Tridant Z at 3200MHz passes all tests I give it, except BIOS POST test :(

That's pretty common. Have you tried upping the ram boot voltage?

Which setting is that? I haven't explored all the advanced setting just yet.

There was new AGESA update and there is new CHVI 1107 bios ... anyone checked if there are any changes ?
I thought that new AGESA supposed to be 1.0.0.6 while in CHVI update is info about 1.0.0.4a.

1107 isn't that different from the last few, not the big update with new AGESA yet, still based off 1.0.0.4a

Back