• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS x99 a I I voltage settings for 4000mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bruceGH4

Registered
I am able to run my rig at 4300 MHz just by setting the multiplier in bios to 43 and everything else basically on auto.
But its very hot and I noticed that my vcore is at 1.95 which I think is way high.
I read that to get the best performance you should start by adjusting the BCLK up first, and then the CPU multiplier.
I understand that vtt voltage needs to be adjusted to stabilize this, and vcore voltage when adjusting the multiplier.
Does anyone have a properly tuned i7-6800k running over 4000mhz, and what are the stable voltage settings, just for reference. Any advise is much appreciated.
mar4ho43min120.PNG

VCore clearly isn't 1.9V... your chip wouldn't be running now. Id imagine the VID voltage is your VCore.

I wouldn't touch the BCLK and just use the multiplier. It should be as easy as setting the right voltage and multiplier and tweaking stability from there.

VCore clearly isn't 1.9V... your chip wouldn't be running now. Id imagine the VID voltage is your VCore.

I wouldn't touch the BCLK and just use the multiplier. It should be as easy as setting the right voltage and multiplier and tweaking stability from there.

Thanks for clearing that up a bit. So many different voltages in there. I understand that my vid? voltage should never be much over 1.3.
I did try setting the strap to 125, (after resetting my multiplier down to 34), which had a very desirable effect on performance. However, the bios automatically reset my bclk to 125, so whats the difference between strap and bclk? Also, after changing this setting I couldn't get any stability above a 34 multiplier.
I was hoping that increasing the bclk setting would give me better RAM performance. Is it worth mucking with the bclk setting?

Last edited:
Not really. In certain apps, or a rare game or two, faster memory matters. Otherwise, negligible increases at best. I would just work on voltage and CPU multiplier. :)

Back