• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AM3+ Chips to buy

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Or not at all. My experience is that people (including me) selling on the forum classifieds are typically trying to unload older technology and trying to appeal to a customer base that is seeking the cutting edge. Things move much faster on ebay.
That's because there is significantly more demand on eBay, compared to demand on OCF. Demand sets market value for a given market. Since our total population is MUCH smaller, demand has to be less, therefore, it tends to bring less profit than selling on flea-bay.

Upside is I feel selling on here is safer, and less hassle. Then again, I generally don't trust folks [emoji14]

Someplace between $100 and $140 is the going rate on e-bay. There's quite a few of them so to sell quicker it better be cheaper.

Okay well my desktop is completely torn down. I will change the setup and how some things are positioned. Right now i am on my laptop that sucks balls. i wouldnt even be looking for to much from that processor, definitely not looking for my money back.

Okay quick update. I sent the board into asus and they determined it had a bunch of shorts on the board itself. I dont know what that means but thats what i was told. They are sending me a certified re manufactured one or something like that. So here is my concern, would it be safe to sell the 9590? Seeing how the board was at fault, the cpu should be fine right? I kind of dont want to mount it in the new board and just run the 6300. I also dont want to sell the chip and have it fail on the next guy.

If you sell it as 'untested', you're gonna take a bath price wise. Might as well just keep it.

what would be considered as a tested chip? Running AMD OD for a couple hours stable?

Mannn, there is some Deals going on now for them gotta be wayyy better binned 9 series Chips...or even really I think anything is better than this Chip I mean come on really want's 1.5v+ after 4.7ghz. you know right right? haha

- - - Updated - - -

what would be considered as a tested chip? Running AMD OD for a couple hours stable?

This is a tested True Chip has been Brutalized in every way possible I promise you haha

Mannn, there is some Deals going on now for them gotta be wayyy better binned 9 series Chips...or even really I think anything is better than this Chip I mean come on really want's 1.5v+ after 4.7ghz. you know right right? haha

- - - Updated - - -

This is a tested True Chip has been Brutalized in every way possible I promise you haha

Wait what? No i had this chip running stable 4.7 way under 1.525, it wasnt until the board had problems until i started messing with voltages and speed. I think i even got it under the 1.488 that AOD says its supposed to take.

Brutalized? I mean define brutalized. Running 1.75 volts for its life? I think the chip would die before than, even on a custom loop.

Untested means just that. You don't know if it's alive, dead, board fryer.....etc. You'll be lucky to see $40-50 listed that way. You need to put it in a board and confirm that it runs at all stock settings. Then you might see $100-140.

Untested means just that. You don't know if it's alive, dead, board fryer.....etc. You'll be lucky to see $40-50 listed that way. You need to put it in a board and confirm that it runs at all stock settings. Then you might see $100-140.

Just boots and runs? or a stress test? I could do both i guess.

Wait what? No i had this chip running stable 4.7 way under 1.525, it wasnt until the board had problems until i started messing with voltages and speed. I think i even got it under the 1.488 that AOD says its supposed to take.

Brutalized? I mean define brutalized. Running 1.75 volts for its life? I think the chip would die before than, even on a custom loop.

Running HOT Overheated Numerous Times Primed stability tests numerous a lot Gaming, it's been Ran...I think it's Dogged out I could of swore it took alittle less vcore now want's ALOT.

- - - Updated - - -

This was one that Ran Hot and about all them did anyways you know kinda why I want another Chip I know theres wayyy better.

Running HOT Overheated Numerous Times Primed stability tests numerous a lot Gaming, it's been Ran...I think it's Dogged out I could of swore it took alittle less vcore now want's ALOT.

- - - Updated - - -

This was one that Ran Hot and about all them did anyways you know kinda why I want another Chip I know theres wayyy better.
You know... My 8 core runs nice and cool RJ. 1.1875V too....

- - - Updated - - -

Look im not going to argue with you since you do not know what your talking about. it never over heated, got close to TJmax but never hit it (usually when i clock it to 5.0). Prime95 always passed i just stopped it when it began to get to hot. You know, not being a dumbass. And it ran fine at stock speeds, if you read and knew what you were talking about it always ran fine at stock and lowered vcore. only problem was at boot......

I don't think RJ knows what he is talking about. He ain't worth it. Let him troll elsewhere.

Oh okay. my first troll here lol. Okay so when i get my board back, ill throw in the 9590 and run a stress test for a while and then run the 6300. I probably just throw the chip on craigslist for 100 and call it a day.

Oh okay. my first troll here lol. Okay so when i get my board back, ill throw in the 9590 and run a stress test for a while and then run the 6300. I probably just throw the chip on craigslist for 100 and call it a day.
Sounds like a good plan. Save up for something else later :)

Glad you figured out the issue and are on your way to recovery!

I thank this forum and the people who helped me. You and everyone else. I really couldnt have done this without the help. I learned a lot too through the blood, sweat and tears lol.

And I am definitely planning on that. Probably looking towards ryzen 5 or the 7700k. Intel OC scares be a bit since idk how to do it and AMD seemed way easier. And i will be asking on opinions BEFORE i buy and install everything.

- - - Updated - - -

How old are you? Nine?

- - - Updated - - -

I have a CH5FZ and I have a 6300 that I used to use from time to time. It overclocked easily to a Prime95 stable 4.8 GHz with a NH-D14. It would mow through any task I threw at it as fast as my 8370 unless I used a stopwatch I couldn't tell the difference. Sell the 9590 on eBay. I bet you could get $125.

Back