• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

can i ask about my Ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rendyalang

i have mobo gigabyte h55m s2, proc: i3 530 suppot 1333/1066 mhz, PSU corsair VS 450... i want to add memory team elite plus 1x8Gb PC 1600, when i add that ram, i can't open bios..what should i do? please help me

This motherboard was not designed for high capacity memory. When it was released there were no 8GB memory modules. You can try your luck with the latest BIOS release. I have no other idea how to make it work.

Return the stick and buy something that works with your board. The webpage for your board will have a list...

Did you take out the other stick(s) when you put this in? Where is the second stick of the ram you bought for dual channel?

but it say, "2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory" from http://www.gigabyte.co.id/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3509#sp

- - - Updated - - -

Return the stick and buy something that works with your board. The webpage for your board will have a list...

Did you take out the other stick(s) when you put this in? Where is the second stick of the ram you bought for dual channel?

no..i just buy 1 pcs 8Gb.. not dual channel :(

Two/2 DIMMs supporting 8GB..which means 2x4GB. Notice in the memory QVL list you aren't seeing 8gb capacities?

Again, did you remove the other sticks when you put this one in?

Back