• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You'll hear it over that fan for sure.

Just wait for partner cards, they shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks out and they'll be quieter as always.

You'll hear it over that fan for sure.

Just wait for partner cards, they shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks out and they'll be quieter as always.

it's not easy but i guess i'll cool my jets for now. thanks.

Thanks for the reviw!

Quick question: how do the VRM behave? DO they get real hot?

Question is because I have this universal block that does a perfect job on the chip, and don't know if it is worth getting a full block (instinct says "no").

One more question: anyone experienced with the Gigabyte Aorus line-up? Might pre order one tonight, as I can't find any EVGA other than Founder edition in the UK online shops...

What is best to grab a GTX 1080 Ti or Vega or just drop another RX 480 RS 8GB to my rig to CF them instead? Keep in mind I only have two monitors. I own a HP Pavilion 25bw 25" LED LCD monitor doing 1080p @ 60Hz and a Dell UltraSharp U3011 ‑ 30" IPS LCD Monitor ‑ FullHD 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz. What recommendation you guys have for me?

Last edited:
1600p? I'd wait for Vega 11. No need of 1080ti horsepower for this resolution. The 1070 already pushes 60FPS+ at this resolution.

I would not get a second 480. xFire hassle...

1600p? I'd wait for Vega 11. No need of 1080ti horsepower for this resolution. The 1070 already pushes 60FPS+ at this resolution.

I would not get a second 480. xFire hassle...

Okay, I will wait then. I figure with the prices low enouch two card would kick a$$ but we will see what Vega 11 has to offer once is out.

Raaaahhhh!!!!

Got crazy: pulled the trigger on Aorus 1080ti, a 4K 43" TV and an oculus rift... Hesitating on the wheel ATM!

Thanks for the reviw!

Quick question: how do the VRM behave? DO they get real hot?

Question is because I have this universal block that does a perfect job on the chip, and don't know if it is worth getting a full block (instinct says "no").

One more question: anyone experienced with the Gigabyte Aorus line-up? Might pre order one tonight, as I can't find any EVGA other than Founder edition in the UK online shops...

I don't have a thermal camera to monitor the VRM, but I never saw any throttling.

What is best to grab a GTX 1080 Ti or Vega or just drop another RX 480 RS 8GB to my rig to CF them instead? Keep in mind I only have two monitors. I own a HP Pavilion 25bw 25" LED LCD monitor doing 1080p @ 60Hz and a Dell UltraSharp U3011 ‑ 30" IPS LCD Monitor ‑ FullHD 2560 x 1600 @ 60 Hz. What recommendation you guys have for me?

Sounds like a 1080 would be your best bet... I definitely wouldn't go multi-GPU at your res.

Sounds like a 1080 would be your best bet... I definitely wouldn't go multi-GPU at your res.

I see, would be nice but currently have this RX 480 RS 8GB that I have yet used much in games. I though AMD was better about CF than NVIDIA with SLI?

I see, would be nice but currently have this RX 480 RS 8GB that I have yet used much in games. I though AMD was better about CF than NVIDIA with SLI?

It is more about the software (games) supporting CF/SLI than the individual companies implementation of multi-card solutions.

It is always a hassle. Sometimes less and sometimes more, but always there.
IMO, at your res, go one card.
Personally, I would keep an eye out for a used 1080 from the people upgrading to 1080ti and sell the 480.

It is more about the software (games) supporting CF/SLI than the individual companies implementation of multi-card solutions.

It is always a hassle. Sometimes less and sometimes more, but always there.
IMO, at your res, go one card.
Personally, I would keep an eye out for a used 1080 from the people upgrading to 1080ti and sell the 480.

Good call, thank you!

Back