• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

It's new, it's a flagship, it's the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. The only question about how fast this GPU will be is whether it will knock the Titan X Pascal off its throne. This is the reference design for all the GPU partners to base designs from (or design up from), so expect numbers to climb from what you see here today as new cards release!

Click here to view the article.

great review as usual austin! this card is a beast!

Same! they said they will be rolling out sometime in April, picked that up somewhere from on one of the YouTube TECH profiles. Anyway, looks like they hold their word, being faster then the Titan. cant get worse once better drivers are out as well. good times.

For me the best part of the TI is some of you guys will be selling 1080s =) I hope to get one this summer

For me the best part of the TI is some of you guys will be selling 1080s =) I hope to get one this summer

Maybe I'll finally get rid of the 980 Ti in my daily machine... LOL

Nice review as always. Let's see what the real world pricing brings.

Thanks Soulcatcher, should see a nice spread from reference to LN2 monster as we typically do with the Ti cards.

Looks great Austin, beastly I would say. What I though was odd though is the difference between 3DMark tests and unigine tests. Looked like 20% gain in 3Dmark and little difference in heaven or valley almost like it's CPU bound in the lower resolutions

Last edited:
Looks great Austin, beastly I would say. What I though was odd though is the difference between 3DMark tests and unigine tests. Looked like 20% gain in 3Dmark and little difference in heaven or valley almost like it's CPU bound in the lower resolutions

Yeah, definitely seemed like Unigine was CPU bound... especially Heaven. Could see evidence of that in a few games as well.

Great review Austin, I notice how much of a beast this card is. I like how NVIDIA made it so it sits below the Titan XP but I have a gut feeling the trade of would be some games the 1080 Ti will eat the XP and visa versa. Would be interesting on the partner cards release and how well they will do under water. XD For me air is just fine but water for those water lovers would be a dream come true.

Depends on how sensitive you are, your case cooling, and ambient temps.
It's loud, but not obnoxious, at 65-70% fan speed.

That said, if you're worried about that, wait a few weeks for the partner cards to shake out as they're always quieter with the aftermarket heatsinks than the reference card.

Depends on how sensitive you are, your case cooling, and ambient temps.
It's loud, but not obnoxious, at 65-70% fan speed.

That said, if you're worried about that, wait a few weeks for the partner cards to shake out as they're always quieter with the aftermarket heatsinks than the reference card.

i was mainly thinking of nvidias claim of 5c better temps due to the new cooler and how close this will end up being to non reference cards like amp extreme etc. if everything is going to top out around 2000-2100 mhz anyways then all i care about is whether it will hold boost clocks over time with that kind of oc. what is the real oc'd boost speed after prolonged load at 65-70% (reasonable) fan speed? the temps arent a huge deal for me as long as the oc'd boost holds over 2000mhz or so without needing a fan speed so high that the computer flys off like an airplane. i like the idea of the heat leaving the case (to a point). btw i have 3 140mm fans in the front and bottom of my case aiming at the video card.

Last edited:
65-70% was what it required to keep it from dropping boost clocks in PTL.
What your boost clocks and required fan speed are directly rely on your individual cooling situation, ambient temperatures, and of course the silicon lottery.

65-70% was what it required to keep it from dropping boost clocks in PTL.
What your boost clocks and required fan speed are directly rely on your individual cooling situation, ambient temperatures, and of course the silicon lottery.
ok thanks for that. the loudest thing in my case is a noctua industrial 2000 rpm 140mm pwm fan on my heatsink. it doesn't usually ramp up all the way in gaming. maybe during a stress test. i'm looking for a card with a noise level that doesn't go too far past that and holds its boost. i'm sure somebody will post a youtube vid with 1080ti fan noise soon.

Back